Margo aka Catspaw

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catspaw

New
Reaction score
Hi, I have known I have had EP since I was 16 yrs old, put a damper on a driver's license. After talking w/ my mom, who also had EP but grew out of it, I've been having seizures since I was one or two. My seizures have been absent stares, head rushes, out burst of anger, and even grand mall. Luckily, they have been fairly under control for the last nine years. My nuero has decided to change my meds due to depression problems and sleepiness.

Welcome Margo.
My daughter started having seizures at 14, right after her m. cycle started. Hers are all Tonic Clonic / gran-mal type. How long did it take before you found a med that worked, and did you have to try out a few? You had not care for seizures from 2 until you were 16?
Or were you placed on medication and just didn't understand why, until 16?

Hi Margo, welcome to the forum. :hello:

Make yourself at home here. :)

Hi Robin,
It took about 16yrs before we found the meds that controlled my seizures. As far as 2-16, we didn't realize what was happening. Teachers thought that I was daydreaming, in CA my teachers consider me a loss cause and didn't even try to teach me. Luckily we moved to CO in '71 and had a teacher that realized that I needed extra help and I got my education that I needed. Then about the time I started my period, when I was 10, I started to have "temper tamptrams", headrushes; I even started to throw up but I was alone when that happen. Then in 8th grade I started to have extreme outburst of anger, I even remember one as an out-of-body experience. Then in 10th grade I had a seizure were I threw up and went to sleep infront of my parents. My mom knew then something was not right.

My first nuero only tried Dilantin but still having seizures, then told me and my mom to get out of her office because there was nothing she could do for me. Went to my regular doctor figuring he would recommend a nuero but he took me one and but me on tegrotal. And from there several doctors later, and several drugs later.

I hope this helps.

:hello: Margo!

Welcome to the CWE Forum!

Glad to have you here, browse
around and learn from everyone
here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom