Medicaid cut, bad idea

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Lonewolf

New
Reaction score
Who thinks that having medicaid cut is a terrible idea? Many of us on here and in the U.S. rely on medicaid to help with medication if medicaid is gone and we don't have the money to get the seizure meds all seizure patients that don't have much money will be hurt, amount of seizures will rise.

This will also create a domino affect so to speak as most of the country relies on medicaid for help but if it's gone then we all suffer. When I say domino affect I mean that hospital's will shut down because they will not have the money to run the hospital, doctor's practices will shut down. The only one's that stand to gain anything from the cut of Medicaid if that were to happen is the 1% of America's very wealthy with a massive tax break which they don't need as they can afford anything. They don't have to think outside the box and wonder "how are we going to get this done?" they have the money to buy an item or pay for healthcare yet in McConnell, Ryan, and Trump's brain's the size of peas is their main goal "to get more no matter who is sick".

So who thinks Medicaid should be cut or stay? It should stay. If you aren't in America be lucky as the so called President "didn't make America great again" he want's to destroy it.

Lonewolf,

I'm with you. We are not supposed to talk about politics on this website which I understand. But, believe me, I have a lot to say if I could.

Last edited:
It's about the livelihood of everyone that depend on Medicaid Music36. Music36, Aren't you on carbamazepine and Keppra? None of the medicine would be covered. It's not right. Speak up on it. I have no idea the financial state of you guys but most of the Country is on Medicaid which does a fantastic service to us keeping us alive.

Even doctors despise this so imagine that a doctors list of clients were cut drastically to only a few patients? The doctors would be forced to shut down. Pharmaceutical companies would be forced to shut down, hospital, as no one could afford them. Bills to the ER say would go into the thousands of dollars so it would be worse than the Stock Market crash of '29. So people would avoid the doctor and the hospital as the bill would be so high. So ladies and Gentlemen let it be heard what you think on this travesty of a problem that the Senate is considering putting into Law. It says opinions on here so give the opinion.

Last edited:
Hey Lonewolf, we have members of all political stripes on CWE, so as a general rule we discourage threads with political topics. I can say that it makes sense for people with epilepsy to pay close attention to how any legislation might affect their access to care. Contact your state and federal representatives to let them know how you feel one way or another.

Lonewolf,

Lol! You don't know me. I am a very outspoken person. I caused a thread to get closed a few months back for expressing my agreement with someone who started a thread about their concern about how the new administration is going to affect the Affordable Care Act. It was explained to me by the moderator that political discussions in the past led to hostility which we don't want on this website. It's a support group. I totally understand and respect that. There are other ways to have these discussions online. Believe it or not, not everyone who has epilepsy has the same political views.

Back
Top Bottom