Meds Increase

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Neurologist increased my dosage & now I've encountered 5 seizures in 36hrs & went 2 ER!

Hi smitty,

I'm sorry that you had to go to the ER. I know when I was on Keppra the drug increased my seizures like crazy. You can ask your neuro to do a DNA test on you and that will show what seizure med will be the best for you with the least side effects. I wish you only the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

Yikes! Some seizures meds can actually triggers, and it sound like that's been the case for you. I hope your neuro will work with you to find a med that's a better fit. Feel better soon.

I'm so sorry to hear that you were so unwell there is always that risk when the neuro decides to increase or decrease medication. Getting used to a new medication can also cause seizures. What drugs or drug are you on? I was on lamictal for ten years two weeks ago he put me on tegretol upped the dose last night fortunally I have been one of the lucky ones and am doing fine on both.
All the best,
Clare

One of the meds that I'd been on caused me to have more seizures. When I the seizures started increasing drastically I called my neuro and he took me off of it immediately. Let your neuro know right away so he knows and can do something about it.

Smitty,
I just saw this post so sorry you've had to experience this. First are you feeling better? Do they have a plan for a different medication plan? I will keep you in my prayers on your journey. Jeanne

Back
Top Bottom