MMPI and MMPII - does it provoke seizures in you?

Have you ever taken a MMPI and/or/both MMPII?

• Only the MMPI

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Had both MMPI and MMPII

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Never had it before

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Taken the tests and it didn't cause problems

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Taken the tests and it did cause problems (auras / seizures / headaches / etc)

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I struggled with the test, it was confusing, hard to follow

• I have taken this test at least 1-5 times

• I have taken this test at least 6-15 times

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I have taken this test at least 16-20 times

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I've lost count how many times I've taken this test

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

brain

Account Closed
Inactive
Reaction score
This is an interesting poll.

What is MMPI and MMPII?

The MMPI and MMPII - Multiphasic Personality Inwnbory I and II
is a Psychiatric Test, but often used in part of the Neuropsychology
Tests that are given to people with Epilepsy.

Some individuals may have never had this test
before, and some have had far too many of this.
But read the questions above and share your
own experience in regards to the MMPI and MMPII.

EDITED: This POLL is a MULTIPLE CHOICE

Last edited:
I had the neuropsyche test a few times. Once before my rtl surgery and after. Then after my coma. There was a difference after the surgery,better. but after the coma, man it was really low. I cried durring the test. I don't think I will do it again.It makes me feel so dumb.

They are like a true IQ test. They are made to make you feel dumb. That is what the Dr. told me.My son has had them. He is mentally challenged and has epilepsy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've have that dreadful (IMHO) 4 12/ hour long neuropsych test three times and I've assumed it contains personality stuff.

Shoot - it seems so long and complicated, I've assumed it contains toe nail growth stuff.

I was told they do contain IQ stuff.

Shoot - it seems so long and complicated, I've assumed it contains toe nail growth stuff.

:roflmao:

That was a "perfect" description of it Nancy,
I couldn't said it better myself!

:mrt:

I don't think it is meant to provoke. What the phsycyatrist told me was that it tests your true IQ which includes what you are going thru at the time you are going thru the test, how much stress you are under,personality, what comes natuarally, what stresses you out. That is why they take so long. Mine have taken days.I excelled in music, rythem. Drawing was terrible.

Hi There

Wow, and there was me thinking I'd had all the neuro tests possible, never heard of these two, I think I'd rather watch paint dry!!

Lol!!

Elaine X

It's not meant to provoke, because they don't want you having a seizure while you are testing.It's just a pain in te ass test.

I feel bad you had to take those tests. I had a vocational evaluation that was modified for the blind and hard of hearing. I am deaf-blind but have residual hearing and vision. Those tests take three days to do and you go over everything from person care to money management to what job you would like to do and weather or not you are able to perform those jobs. We did some stregth evaluation and fine and gross motor skills testing. It was also IQ testing too.
After the testing they said I would be good at music which I already do or I would fix vending machines or work in a lighthouse for the blind. Very negative test in my opion. While in college, I learned how to give those tests and review them with a client- sometimes they seem more negative since the evaluator doesn't know you personally. They write down the information the tests shows.

Anyways- take care everyone.
Be safe.
-CM & Umbro (my guide and service dog)

I use to admin the test too and no problems, but then again my seizures were not controlled during that time period.

Back
Top Bottom