more bloody changes

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
i have been on epilim and tegratol now for years until my wife read that it was the epilim that was causing bad side effects so after a few visits to see the consultant i have now had the epilim stopped and put on lamotragine (WHICH I AM NOT SO KEEN ON) this lamotrogine is a far faster acting drug that seems to shoot through your body far faster than epilim meaning that if i miss a dose of tablets then i wind up kissing carpets (im sure you all know what i mean ) trouble is my consultant wants me off the tegratol now as well so i will be soley on this lamotrogene personally i think this stuff will only succeed in making my life hell ,does anyone else have this problem?

I've seen the list of side effects for Sodium Valproate (epilim), and it's not good lol. Not one you see about much anymore either.

It might just take time for you to get used to the Lamictal. Perhaps you could stay on it for a while and see if it works for you?

I'm on the Lamictal (brand of Lamotrigine) without any problems with the med metabolizing too fast. If you're worried about that however, there is an extended release version called Lamictal XR that might be a better fit.

thanks ive been looking for an XR version of this stuff but people keep telling me it doesnt exist

Back
Top Bottom