Morning Everyone

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Hmmmm, well

at LEAST a couple would do for starters.........

We did FINALLY get LESS THAN A HALF INCH of the beautiful white stuff last night........

I want snow! I want snow! I want snow! (No, I DON'T need my head examined......)

I'm with you Meetz, the last 5 years of my life was nothing but rain in the winter.

Out of the 25 years I lived in British Columbia 13 of them were on the coast or island where it does nothing but rain for 6 months every year.

Now that I'm back east we got a little bit of snow but except for that few inches (which are now gone) it's been nothing but rain. Frustrating part is that a friend sent me a picture from the coast & it snowed like crazy there.

SNOW is such a four letter word, I don't want to hear in North Carolina. I moved from the northern part of the US to get away from the snow. Headed to Kansas next week for business and I am going to have to purchase a winter coat just for the trip. I would enjoy RobiN's year around weather in Sunny So Cal. My ideal vacation is sunny, warm and sand; no cold, SNOW or ice.

I agree! I think i could quite happily live in permanent summer, with the odd summer shower :D

I would rather it snow than rain. I'm off to vacation in Rome, Italy tomorrow, and the forecast is for rain every day I'll be there. Bleah.

Well, I stepped out of our back doors this morning to disappear up to my thighs in the stuff. You can all have as much of it as you want!
But don't forget your'e speaking to a fool - I'll find a way of getting as much as I can to you.

... We get our fish from a company in Cornwall & that always arrives packed in ice - so I've got this idea ......!!
Col.

(And you think I'm joking!!).

I'm with you Meetz, the last 5 years of my life was nothing but rain in the winter.

Out of the 25 years I lived in British Columbia 13 of them were on the coast or island where it does nothing but rain for 6 months every year.

Now that I'm back east we got a little bit of snow but except for that few inches (which are now gone) it's been nothing but rain. Frustrating part is that a friend sent me a picture from the coast & it snowed like crazy there.

LOL you should come visit winnipeg. we got our first snow fall on November 16 and we got enough to cover the ground and stay. then last week we got dumped on with no mercy! we have at lease 4 feet of snow outside, and its still coming in spurts. plus its cold and yucky and windy. And now we have a flood warning for the spring!

Well, No snow here it's chilly but not enough for snow.... : )

Brrrrrrrrr!!!!

Well folks - outside temp here this am is -15!
I could understand it of my friends here in Canada!
Have just phoned airline asking if it's worth trying to get a flight to work - they said "Don't even bother to try" - So I'm not!!
Col.

Snow is good, cold is bad... too bad you couldn't get the 50 degree with 3 feet of snow... that would be something. Seeing that is not possible I don't want to see the now nor the cold but I live in Connecticut so that isn't likely. But Could be worst I could still be in the State of Vermont as I was when I was a child.

Hi twc - I think I'll count my blessings! - Could be worse; Could be @ relatives in Bavaria - or even worse, at our other house in N. Germany!

Col.

I would love for it to snow down here in TX. I find it highly amusing because people can't drive in it, and everything literally shuts down! I must be crazy because i truly do miss the snow.

I try my darndest to visit my family up north during the winter just for that reason! Then again, I am the odd ball that refuses to turn on the heat until it is cold enough in the house for the pipes to freeze... I figure that is what jammies and sweatshirts are made for :)

I must be crazy because i truly do miss the snow.

Personally I think you, me & a couple of others who like snow are the only sane people.... but then that is just a matter of opinion, isn't it?

We finally got snow today & I'm supposed to leave for the West Coast tomorrow where they've forecast rain at least until Sat.:(

Personally I think you, me & a couple of others who like snow are the only sane people.... but then that is just a matter of opinion, isn't it?

We finally got snow today & I'm supposed to leave for the West Coast tomorrow where they've forecast rain at least until Sat.:(

I am all for snow right up to Jan 2nd. Than I want it all to melt away and turn back to at least 60 degree for the remaining winter months... :bigsmile:

I love snow activity but not the cold. I love sledding, toboggoning, skating, snowboarding, snowball fights, snowmobiling and forts.

Rae1889, we got snow in the state of North Carolina last night. I was hosting a cooking exchange and I looked outside to see white snow flakes everywhere. I live in the southern part of NC and we might get snow maybe, 5 times a year. I am with you, like the snow but they can keep the COLD weather.

Have a great week!

Rae1889, we got snow in the state of North Carolina last night. I was hosting a cooking exchange and I looked outside to see white snow flakes everywhere. I live in the southern part of NC and we might get snow maybe, 5 times a year. I am with you, like the snow but they can keep the COLD weather.

Have a great week!

North Carolina, treasure it.... I would love to one day moved down there with my family.... I could live with the dusting of snow you get when it does snow... hahaha... I know that a dusting of snow is like an ice storm up here in the north east.....

and it happened last night.... had to turn on the heat... blah! Its all good though...

Rae.. I think that is what i miss about snow.. the activities.. sledding being my fav, even as an adult. Oh making ice forts, and the snowball fights. I feel kinda bad that my kiddos won't be able to enjoy that... mostly because their daddy is a sissy (don't tell him i said that..lol) :roflmao: and won't move up north!

I think that because i grew up mainly in the Northeast, i find it funny that there are adults that haven't seen snow in person (my hubby was in his 20's before he saw his first snow and it was a horrible blizzard that dumped a few feet up in MD.. think that that scarred him for life...lol).

So for now, i am stuck reminicing and appreciating the pics of snow everyone else puts up...lol,

Back
Top Bottom