Moving back home, yay!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

resaebiunne

Stalwart
Reaction score
Everything is in order except money so far! I've got packers and loaders and a PODS self storage container setup and coming on Friday this week, and then next Saturday a friend is flying up and will drive me and my cat back down to his house in Florida. I am moving in with him to live for an unknown amount of time and I plan to file for bankruptcy and disability as soon as I can. I have a bankruptcy attorney who I hope I can convince to help me, and my friend should be able to get me a lead on a disability attorney.

It's unfortunate that I have to tap into my IRAs and 401ks for money, but at this point I have no other recourse since I'm totally drained of funds. I've been beaten and worn down. I've tried, and I have to put up the white flag. I just can't keep on going this way. If I don't get disability then I will find another way, but first I will try this route. I'm not going to go without a fight of course. I realize one doesn't get disability without having to do appeals and all that so I'm going to do that if it comes to that.

The main goal is finding something stable. I need to be able to find a place to live where I can setup stable health care with good doctors and stay on a stable regimen of treatment.

Most of all though, I'm just happy to be back home. I survived a crushing upstate New York winter with zero degree Fahrenheit temperatures with snow and ice and a blistering move to Maryland with my cat with no time to relax and a boss who could care less about my stress during the matter. I give up.

Hi Res,

I'm sorry to hear that things didn't work out for you, I know upstate NY can be one of the most expensive places to live. I wish you the best of luck with the disability case and I'm sorry you had to go through your 401ks and file bankruptcy. If I had my way I would be moving down south also it's a lot cheaper than living in NY but my husband doesn't want to go he's to stubborn. Good luck and maybe I'll hear you on the radio sometime. Wishing you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

73's
Sue KB2TTN

I hope all goes well with the move and that you can stay put for awhile. Moving is one of the Big Stressors.

Back
Top Bottom