My first Kepprage experience.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Katie

New
Reaction score
I've been on Keppra XR 500mg once daily for about a year now. It does wonders for my seizures. And even more I've felt so lucky not to have any side effects.

I was on Citalopram 20mg once daily for a few years. I've been doing really well. I'm seeing a chiropractor and found a migraine med that works really well for me and my life and health is improving. So it was decided I wean off the Citalopram. I've been doing so well I don't need it anymore.

I've been off for a week or so now, and twice now I've had extreme emotional outbursts. Both of anger. I was hardly aware of what I was doing or saying. I was blind mad. I feel terrible. What would bring this on? I feel like I need anger management. I've never experienced this before.

Then I realized that maybe I've never experienced any Kepprage because the Citalopram kept it under control. It kept the nasty side effects away.

I don't know. What do you all think? I don't ever want to be angry and mean like that again. I feel like such an awful person.

I don't have much experience with kepprage, but I can tell you're not an awful person. It's the meds, not you.

I've heard that Citalopram can keep keppra under control, but I don't have first hand experience with it.

Hm... yea I was really emotional on Keppra until I was put on Citalopram 20 mg. I ran out one weekend and on the second day without it I was an emotional wreck again. I definitely think the Citalopram has helped control the side effects of the Keppra without turning me into a zombie. I don't like taking another pill to mitigate a pill's side effects , but I also like feeling like a normal person and having my seizures controlled, so I'll take it!

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Thanks all. RunningGirl, we're in the same boat!! I'm going to go back to taking it because I really feel out of control on the Keppra without it. I didn't realize Citalopram was so successful with controlling the side effects.

I'm not a fan of taking meds for meds either, but I've found what works so I'll stick with it.

Back
Top Bottom