My surgery next week got bumped šŸ˜ž

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Heavy Kevy

Stalwart
Reaction score
New date 1/2/24.

This is exhausting in so many ways, and itā€™s only for the test still.
I imagine it could be another year before the possibility of the ā€œ75% successful reduction in seizures surgeryā€ they have me dreaming about. Blah, Blah, Blah
These every two week seizures are wearing me out. Feel like Iā€™m aging at a pace I canā€™t control. If that makes any sense.
<<<Rant Over >>>

Hi Heavy Kevy,

I'm sorry to hear that your surgery got bumped, I know how you feel. When I was going in for my first surgery
the Drs. went on strike and I had to wait a long time before I could have the surgery done. It's a pain in the fanny
especially when a person is having seizures often. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

I received a call from the psychiatrist looking to schedule a yearly follow up today.
Seeing the psychiatrist was the first step in the road to surgery. 6 days ago I was scheduled for surgery.
Feeling like the process has taken so long Iā€™m getting retested because itā€™s been a year. Iā€™m aware there is more to it butā€¦.

Checking the oil twice before repairing the engine is all I can think.

I hate it when anything gets bumped, even if it's just an appointment. That isn't anything close to surgery though!

Hi Heavy Kevy,

I get where you are coming from. I had to have all the testing done first to see if I could have the surgery,
then they made me go through the neuropsychological tests to be sure I could handle everything since I had
to be awake for the surgery but what really surprised me is that they made my husband go through the neuro-
phycological tests also to make sure he could handle everything and here he was a lab tech, so he's seen
a lot of detail when it comes to surgery. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

Yikes. I wouldnā€™t want to put my wife through that.
Iā€™ve got a feeling this is a lack of or delay in communication between departments in the hospital.

Back
Top Bottom