My Vibrating Foot, Dr Said...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I went to my doctor today and told him about the vibrating foot and he said that was weird and there are some possibilities to why it's happening. He felt my foot and ran something along the bottom of it and asked me if I could feel it and asked me to move my foot back and fourth.

He said that the possibilities are Diabetes, Thyroid and Vitamin B deficiencies but not likely in my case cause I've had normal Diabetes levels and thyroid levels. My thyroid does bounce up and down like a yo yo so who knows. He said if it got worse to call my Neurologist. He didn't mention anything else except maybe it's a reaction to the medications I'm on. My foot vibrates several times throughout the day now. He ordered bloodwork to test my glucose, thyroid and Vitamin B levels. Will let you know.

The vibrations have moved up my foot and I looked it up and the three things that my doctor mentioned are a possibility and I have had issues with my thyroid

When do you hear back about the results of the blood tests?

I was just at the doctor yesterday so won't hear until Monday cause my doctor has to read the results first before I get them. He didn't think those were likely causes for me at least cause I've had the tests before, at least two of them and it's always been normal. The most likely cause is my thyroid though cause mine goes up and down like a yo yo

Ive had a numbing sensation in my feet and hands when I was being weaned off of Keppra. I got down to 2500mgs from 3000mgs and had a feeling like when apart of your body falls asleep... I kept having to stomp my foot or shake my hand through out the whole day. I brought it up to my dr, who then put me back to my original dose of 3000mgs. It went away within a few days of being back on that. One thing I did find is that with my seizures, I get a tingling numb like feeling, and the nurse there said it was possible that my keppra dose was too low, and the seizure symptoms were starting to come on, just not going into a full blown seizure. Which would explain why the tingling went away once I was put back to the 3000mgs of Keppra.

Are you being weaned off of any certain anti seizure drugs? Or going down in dose for any reason?

I've been on the same dose for two years, no change. Doctor's testing my thyroid, diabetes and vitamin b levels to see if it's that but since I've had normal levels throughout, that's unlikely. Of course he's not tested my Vitamin B level before. I should have results tomorrow.

Oh ok. Well i hope you get answers soon! :) Keep us updated!

Oh forgot to ask... do you take a vitamin b everyday? Ive been taking a Complex B vitamin every morning to help with the kepprage that keppra can bring on...

I will and I do take a B complex vitamin everyday, so if it's not diabetes, thyroid or vitamin deficiency, don't know what it could be. I'm also experiencing some tingling and like a warm sensation in my feet like waking from a sleep & eye twitches a lot

Back
Top Bottom