My visit with the homeopath

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Blessed

New
Reaction score
I went to see the homeopath today. I was a bit skeptical and somewhat nervous. Her approach is to treat the whole person, not just the symptoms. She spent 1 1/2 hours interviewing me. She asked all kinds of questions. In addition to the normal health questions she also asked some interesting ones. What were my favorite foods? What foods did I not like? How would I describe my personality? Was I hot or cold-natured? Did I have any phobias? What season did I feel my best? Basically, all health areas (mental, physical, spiritual) were discussed. She wanted me to be very specific about when my seizures occurred, what triggered them, what part of the body was the most affected (half, whole, arms, legs, etc.)

She did not bash traditional medicine and was complimentary of my neuro since he is helping me wean off my med even though he is against it. She said she could not tolerate the side effects of drugs either and that was one of the main reasons she got into homeopathic medicine. She is also a registered nurse.

Anyway, she prescribed a remedy for me that she thought best fit my whole person. Homepathy recognizes that the whole person,the body, the mind, and the spirit is affected when the person is sick. The goal is to cure the whole individual, rather than focus on the sickness or on a diseased part. Homeopathic medicine is used to stimulate the person to heal himself. All of the remedies are made from natural sources, be they animal, vegetable, or mineral. The remedies are regulated by the FDA in accordance with the Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia of the U.S. (HPUS)

She gave me 30C (NOT CC) of Cocculus, a remedy derived from an Indian plant. It comes in pellets and dissolves under the tongue. Whether it was psychological or not, I almost instantly felt better. I felt calmer and less anxious and I wanted to go home and take a nap. I asked if it could work that fast and she said if it is the right remedy for me I could notice a difference immediately. She said I would probably notice more benefits within 3-4 weeks. She suggests giving yourself at least 6 months-1 year of homeopathic therapy to see significant improvement in your wellness. I go back for my follow-up visit in 5 weeks.

Her fee for a 1 1/2 hour consultation PLUS the remedy was $175. I can't remember the last time a doctor spent more than 10 minutes with me Follow-up visits are $45 PLUS the remedy. I can't go to the doctor and get a prescription for that amount.

She also encouraged me to pick up a copy of Prescription for Nutrional Healing and follow the protocol of vitamins and minerals listed for epilepsy. I saw where Lindy recommended that on this site. It really is a wealth of information. Well worth $25.

Sorry this post is so long. I hope this has been helpful info. I will keep you updated on how things go.

Blessed
25 mg. Zonegran
Juvenile Myoclonic Epilepsy since 1982

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow , that sounded like it well !!!!! I am really happy for you!!!!!! I am sure you will see more benifits as the time goes by.

Perscription for Nutrional healing is a wonderful book and I am sure you will get alot of use out of it.

You can order vitmains discount at www.vitacost.com

Wishing you the best of luck
(((hugs)))
Riva

Sounds good Blessed. Keep after it and let us know how it goes. PP is the only other person I know that tried homeopathy (for a seizure condition) and I'm really interested to find out how it works for you.

Yay for You! I'm glad you went to a homeopathic dr, and that she had something useful to say. I hope all goes well. Please keep us posted. Bern and I have been through several homeopathic personalities, but I keep having seizures. One of these days, I'll get it right. Good Luck.

Back
Top Bottom