• dilantin

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • topamax

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • tegretol

Votes: 8 16.3%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Technically you're not meant to with the XR, but I've cut all of mine when ramping- never seemed to affect the slow release..

Maybe it's coz they're bright like candy, so they made them taste ultra gross lol

The tegretol and the keppra definitely have a really bitter aftertaste that's just not called for at all. I have to neck them right back and immediately swill them down. Still make shudder though- even after over 15 years lol

Same here, I think they taste worse cut though lol, cutting them releases all the extra nastiness. I've been taking pills all my life so I just swallow them all at once, though I take one too many now so I have to do it in two lots so I don't choke haha. Still better than having to taste them. Can't say I really notice the taste of Keppra though.

Lol we should start a new poll- 'How many pills do you neck at once?' :)

I like necking all mine in one go (8 or 6), coz it reminds me of the old days of being in raves :p

Haha yeah I feel more efficient taking them all at once, esp since I have no problems with it. My current is 8, 10 if its allergy season lol. It wasn't so much the number that made me have to split it, it was the size of the larger keppra pills, they are a bit harder to throw back with all the rest of them

Those 500mg ones are chunky enough for me. I'd hate to see a 1000mg one :s

Lamictal is terrible. I can only get the chewable/dispersable ones. They melt in your mouth at the slightest bit of spit and line you throat with an extremely strong gag-worthy chalky residue. As a final act of insult and mistrust, they label them 'black-current flavoured'. The keppra 1000mg are about double the size of the 500mg.

Lamictal is terrible. I can only get the chewable/dispersable ones. They melt in your mouth at the slightest bit of spit and line you throat with an extremely strong gag-worthy chalky residue. As a final act of insult and mistrust, they label them 'black-current flavoured'. The keppra 1000mg are about double the size of the 500mg.

Thats it, blackcurrent, yeah I hate the texture but I don't mind the taste. Still I try to chuck them down as fast as possible.

I bet the 1000mg keppras are big, I've been on 250, 500 and 750mg and I swear each one was twice the size of the one before it

I've always thought that Dilantin tastes nasty. I've had seizures will taking Dilantin as well. Then the pill starts to dissolve in my mouth or when I've had the pill getting stuck in my throat. The taste is EWW!

This list isn't very complete, and I haven't taken all the drugs on it. However, I think topamax is the worst. That's only probably because I have to split the pills in half to get a half pill for my proper dose. If I didn't have to do that it would be fine because the coating the whole pill seals the contents otherwise.

I really don't have any issues with any of the pills. Most of the time, they go down--2 or 3 at once--before I can even get a sip of water in my mouth.

None of the AED ones I've taken are as nasty tasting or smelling as the valerian root I take to TRY to get a good night's rest. That smells like death when you open the bottle, but I can't find any drug store sleep aids that don't make me feel like I'm in a fog in the morning.

I don't chew them and should not cut them get tablets of that dose.Unless sub lingual no reason keep in mouth.take the plunge pint of whisky knock them back.;)

Back
Top Bottom