Need Advice???

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkj1995

New
Reaction score
I need advice...My husband just turned in his notice to leave his current job and will be starting his new job on Oct.20. His benefits start in 60 days since he will be a supervisor and I was wondering what I can do to keep up on my meds. I have already contacted my neuro and asked about samples and he "says" they don't have any but if they get some he will be glad to keep me in mind. We can't afford COBRA, I dont think they offer it anyway, its too small a company. I know about the "PPA" that Montel Williams advertises but you have to not be covered by insurance, and technically I still am. Should I just wait til the insurance runs out. I just dont want to risk running out of meds and possible seizures. Sorry its so long. Thanks for any help or info anyone might have.

Hi jkj1995, welcome to the forum. :hello:

Have you asked your doc about writing a prescription for a larger bottle of pills (to last 2 months)?

Nope, I didn't even think to ask that. I will call him now his office is open for 10 more minutes. This place is full of info. I'm glad I stumbled across it. Just found an post that might help my mom and her situation. She's been hospitalized 2x in the past 3 weeks from seizures but they don't know if they are epilepsy or not. Thanks again.

:hello: JKJ

Some insurances will allow up to 3 months
or 6 months supply! So you might want to
try to take advantage of that if you can!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom