Need advise asap. My face is swollen really bad.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will definately post some pics of the trip when I get back.

Kudos to you for doing what you are for your daughter and other epileptics on this forum. Your daughter is very lucky to have you. I owe my life to my Father. I would not have been connected with one of the best Neurologists and Neurosurgeons in the southwest if it were not for my Father. I would not be where I am today if it were not for my Father's concern for my well being. Tears.

Without a doubt, you will find the cure for your daughter. Never give up. The solution is out there somewhere.

Happy Holidays to you also.

Evan

Just kidding on the mouth guard.!

Hey Robin!!!!

They are not a bad idea for many a reason!! As long as they are made correctly and fit you mouth like a glove!! not one from the sports store to play sport in but one made by your dentist especially suited to your own mouth.....

I do have one and I have to be honest and say I don't wear it as much as I should... I got it for a couple of reasons, I clench and grind my teeth ( only last thurs I broke a peice of one of my back teeth grinding) and I also have small seizures in my sleep where I prodominatly chew...... bad luck for me that i dont have anything in my mouth to chew besides my cheeks and tounge....

The mouth guard made my mouth far less painfull from the chewing point of view..... some people find them easy to get used to..... some dont... I am afraid I am one of the dont.... but..... for some reason I can where it for so many nights in a row then I will go to use it another night and i just cant get to sleep..... so for that reason..... as sleep for me is ultra important as it is for most but that is my biggest trigger by far a sleepless night... pretty much guarantees me of a tonic clonic the next evening

Take care everyone and best and warmest wishes for your festive season
best of health and happy times to have by all

cuddles
mwaah
Tate

Hi Speals -

I hope you have a glorious Christmas ~
I've been wearing one of those dental guards for years and years - my dentist makes them for me. For me they are just as important, just as treasured as my glasses - lol - and I wear them every minute of the day and night except when I'm eating.

If/when you have time, I would be interested in hearing about your surgery that is no longer working. aaakkk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom