Need help recovering

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

bion719

New
Reaction score
A few months ago I had problems with Keppra that really messed up my social life with family, friends, and my girlfriend. I had multiple breakdowns at school, and said a bunch of stuff I regret, and don't know why I said them. I'm currently being weaned off the Keppra, because it caused me to have anxiety, obsessive behavior, and mood swings. However, I really want to go back to the optimistic, happy guy I used to be. I'm being weaned off Keppra, and I'm feeling, overall, better than before. But sometimes I feel like a hate everything about my life. I really want to go back to school (I've been doing independent study), but I'm worried I'll have a breakdown again. Has anyone recovered from something like this?

Once the Keppra is fully out of your system, you'll be amazed at how much better you feel. In the meantime, try to be proactive in other ways to put yourself on the right track. Consider seeing a therapist or counselor of some sort. Make sure you're getting regular exercise and eating and drinking healthily. Get involved in a variety of activities. If you're not sure where to start, consider volunteering once a week.

Sport is always good for upping your natural feel-good hormones and it doesn't interfere with any drugs that I know of. You can be the intermittent long distance runner, the sumo furniture wrestler or the beach rescue hunk, as your physique demands/allows... just whatever gets you off the couch twice a week! Even long walks every day gets you out of the house, can you maybe borrow a dog to walk with? Dogs never pry into your innermost feelings!

I also found it's impossible to be over-anxious about mental things you can't control, when you have actual aches or blisters, they fix you very much in the "here and now"

I just had my dose of Keppra raised in January and again in February to the max amount. I kept getting mood swings, was depressed and easily agitated. My Dr. suggested that I take vitamins. I started taking B, D, a multi vitamin, and Krill oil for the Omega 3. Boy did that do wonders. It was like I was a whole new person.

Thanks, I really feel like my past neurologists have been really close-minded on my issues.

Now give the vitamins some time to get in your system. It took about a week to a week and a half before I really started to notice a difference.

How've you been sleeping? I know it seems some what trivial but when I don't get the sleep I NEED then I get kinda weird and much more prone to seizure. School interferes way too much with a sleep schedule.

Back
Top Bottom