Need someone to talk me

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Rae1889

Veteran
Reaction score
i'm having several arusa. and complez and 2 tc today. need someonto tall me htrough it. Chad is sleep cuz kailtynn in the hosptial with her appendis and havin surgery tomroww and we need to be there. bit I shoid be there too for stopping the siezure but dont want anyone to wory about me right now. just kaitlynn. Im so sad and worried for her. its cancer growth on her appendx and they need to take it outa an asses the area.

Just want someto talk to while I wait out the auras. thnx

Rae, I'm so sorry for your rough patch, I know the auras can be scarry and really rough. Please just try to take care of your self and remember your meds and do the little things that can get you past this. Your little one is in good hands and you will be there for her. I dont have a lot of advise but I will pray for you both. I'm glad you came here and I know everything will turn out fine. Please keep me informed.Cake

Have you remembered to try pressing (not too hard) the point on your upper lip & going to your breath?

Rae, I wish I could comfort you. But the best I can offer is suggestions on how to possibly avert your seizures...

Some people have learned to interrupt their seizure process by replacing the aura-induced perception with another.

Others are able to take this interruption technique a step further. By simply relying on mental imagery (like remembering a pleasant, positive smell), they can arrest a seizure.

Focus on a pleasant experience and transport your mind there. Although you may not prevent the seizure, it can be much easier to deal with just by easing the tension. Plus, you can possibly make your seizures shorter in duration and frequency.

I hope this helps. Good luck and loving thoughts to you and your little girl.

Rae,

I'm so sorry. Two seizures in one day, and constant auras - awful. Have you called your doctor? Constant auras are not good - it's like constant mini-seizures. Is it possible to go to see kaitlynn and stop in to see a doctor there while you are at it? You need to get the seizures stopped, ASAP. Do you have rescue meds?

I think you do need to be wiith someone today. Chad is just sitting there at the hospital, waiting for Kaitlynn. Being with you would give you comfort and give him something to do. Would there be an easy way to get there, like a taxi?

<<<hug>>> please, get the seizures stopped if you can. call your doctor.

HI guys, Im doing better. thanks for the responses. I went in anyway. all they did was cool me off rehydrate me. turns out it was heat exhaustion causing it all again. blech.

thanks for the suggestion again Eric. I never remember things like that during crappy seizure moments. and it didnt work during a complex partial, but the weird thumb thing did.

I am covered head to toe in mosquito bites that just itch like crazy now. lol didnt feel them at all yesteday or last night. finally managed to get some sleep in the nice cool hospital. it was +41 degrees Celsius here and humid as hell.

Glad to hear things are better.

I know I"m the same way when it comes to forgetting things to do at the critical moments. I think it took me about a month of having seizures every 2nd day before I remembered the pressure point.

:O Just read about the pressure point and tried it--Huzzah! Maybe finally I can get a little relief!

Did you know that pressure point also stops nosebleeds?

I know if I am upset or stressed out about something I usually will have one. This could be happening because you are worried about kailtynn.

This happened to me the other day. My grandfather was put into a nursing home for therapy of knee surgery that he had. I was so mad at the way the nursing home was treating him that I must have had a seziure when I was there with him (I usually don't know when I've had one unless there is someone with me to see it happening).

I came home with a horrible headache. I put ice on my head and layed down for about 3 hours until it went away.

I know that sometimes when I have auras I will just lay down and fall asleep, this seems to help sometimes. Just laying there thinking of nothing with my eyes closed and sometimes I'll even put a pillow over my eyes just to block out all the light will make me feel better.

Hope some of the other things that people suggested will work for you.

Rae,

Can you take baths? A cool soda bath helps with mosquito bites, and with body temp. But not good if you are having altered conciousness seizures. Can Chad bring home some calamine lotion? Because mosquito bites are miserable. Body temp - ice packs/bags of ice cubes behind your neck, behind knees, on your groin where your legs connect to your body, will cool down your body temp.

How is Kaitlynn? She doing okay?

Back
Top Bottom