Needs bit of help

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

seagull

Veteran
Reaction score
My lamotrgine changed it shape and packaging few months back normally the 200mg are either round and yellow or dimond shape and blue.Now 200 and 100mgs look the same to my horror tonight I realise I been chopping and changing thought taking 100at night been hit and miss.
I wondering if my exssesiive no mood stuck in bed no impudess do anything last few months has anything to do with totally cocking up my Lamotrigine doses are wondering done myself harm....The moral being look at it before taking it.i just asked a doctor my son it not printable his reply but basically he not got clue and I idiot of which may have good point.
Would anyone know if harmed myself and no not going see GP to be told more politely I is idiot.Bit worried now

I used to take my meds at 7am, 1pm and 7pm. Recently my neuro changed the timing of one of my meds but kept the dosage the same. I take them at 7am, 9am (the one he changed), 1pm, 7pm and 9pm (the one he changed).

Even though I had them in separate pill cases I would sometimes take or put the 9am/pm pills in the 7am/pm and be taking them at the wrong time. I'd take the other pills that I should have taken at 7am/pm or 7am/pm at the time I should have taken the other. I'd almost always have a seizure the next day just because of that 2 hour change in med.

I write a great big 9AM, 9PM on that bottle and pill case and keep the cases in separate places. Since I've done this I've been taking the right ones at the right time, hope I don't jinx myself by saying that.

my husband gets me morning ones and he could be giving me poisen I never look.i do me night ones.
Some idiot me or him maybe cleaner put all lamotrogine in one box 200 and 100mg all shoved into 100mg box.You know what dollor looks like all the same from 1 dollor to hundred bit like that unless you look not tell difference I stupidly did not look

Some idiot me or him maybe cleaner put all lamotrogine in one box 200 and 100mg all shoved into 100mg box.You know what dollor looks like all the same from 1 dollor to hundred bit like that unless you look not tell difference I stupidly did not look

I have two different meds that I take at two different times and the pills look almost exactly the same. I can't tell you how many times I swapped the meds and put them in the wrong pill case. After doing this for I don't know how long is when I started writing on the pill case when the meds were to be taken.

I'm good at knocking my pill case over when I'm putting my meds in it and the meds will fall on the counter or floor mixed into one big pile. I hate it because it takes me forever to figure out which one of these meds is which and when it needs to be taken.

Back
Top Bottom