New - Canada, Lamictol, Tonic Clonic

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I'm on Lamictal too. Overall it's been better for me, but I still have some bad months and some good ones. It seems to be somewhat random. But overall better than Tegretol for me, and the side effects aren't as bad.

I did fight off a TC once. I was at my friends apartment feeding has cat, when I started feeling the tenseness in my neck and shoulder (a sign telling me a TC is starting). The music that was on in the background faded out and I was doing all I could to avoid injuring myself, when it stopped just like that - and I could hear the music again.

I couldn't talk properly though, it messed up my speech for a few hours.

That's weird how that works. Last week, I forgot to eat, because I was reading lots of stories I could commiserate with. So, my husband got up in the middle of the night, and he is a VERY light sleeper, and I woke up, too. I was laying on my right side, and I felt the right back part of my tongue was just slightly jagged. I leapt and had a complete meltdown - that doesn't happen so much any more - it's been a couple months. I wasn't shaky or queasy, or having a headache, or anything. But nobody bites the back of their tongue for no reason. You just don't. But obviously that's where it stopped. If I had so much as twitched funny, my husband would have woken up.

Lamictal

Its Labor Day and I'm stuck in the house head to toe blistery rash, big swollen lips and a tongue so swollen I can hardly swollow. The Lamictal was working great for me until yesterday, then POW! I guess I start all over now. WHAA!

Back
Top Bottom