new family member

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Birdbomb

VNS Guru
Reaction score
Last summer we had to put our 14 yr old dog to sleep. Her cancer was too aggressive and she was too old for repeated surgeries. She was a good dog and we do miss her a lot.

December we got Zoe (7 yr old granddaughter) her own dog. It's a Lhasa-Poo and one of the goofyest dogs! She is thinks she part cat and part human. She is a sneaky, ball of energy that NEVER winds down. Nips and bites and constantly chews. I have sprayed the house with bitter apple and this dingy dog will STILL chew on it. Even got a spray bottle of water but she likes that! So I put vinager in it, NOW she pays attention.

I think part of her problem is she's bored and needs a companion. So the local no-kill shelter was having adoptions at Pet Smart this weekend. We spotted a poodle mix yesterday but they were packing up to leave. Today we adopted that dog.

This is the sweetest, most mellow dog and she is making the puppy BEHAVE. Her name is Frosty but we're changing it to Rusty, I think (idiot hillbilly next door's dog is named Frosty) She even likes her doggy bed!

:)

My son has started to ask for a pet dog (he saw the movie Beethoven recently). I'm still mulling that over.

We have always had some kind of critters. My son raised hampsters for pet stores when he was little while I raised Zebra Finches. We have had like, 7 cats, 2 rats, fish, a varity of birds and now on our 4th dog. The animals add something to the family, not sure what it is but when there are no critters underfoot the house seems dead. Guess I'm just used to these guys. It's nice to sit watching TV and stroking thier fur, their love is unconditional. They are always happy to see you even if you are coming out of the bath!

Get the kid a dog. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom