New Guy here

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi there i am new to the forum, and also i have been newly diagnosed with epilepsy. i am 34 years old and in the navy for the time being.
I have a interesting story to tell. 2 1/2 years ago i was on a submarine when we suffered a major fire and was dead in the ocean for five days. there was a death as well as many casualties. when i returned home, i was suffering from some major headaches, and was diagnosed with PTSD.
during that time i was also having these strange things like starring into space, and feelings of falling, or going on a roller coaster ride. Finnally this past summer i suffered 3 grand mal seizures and also broke my back with one of the seizures. Now my life has completely changed, i am going to be discharged medically from the military where i have served for 18 years, and i am also depressed. Any suggestions on my new disease on how to adjust etc. tks
Derek

Hi Derek, welcome to the forum. :hello:

Coming to terms with having epilepsy is usually a long process for most people - especially those who have seizures onset in adulthood. I think the most critical factor in the process is whether the seizures are controlled or not. There are a lot of people with epilepsy who find good control with meds without bad side effects and live "normal" lives.

Have a gander at the Inspiration thread. At worst, it might make you laugh.

Alternatively, browse through the forums. There is a lot of information in here and something might resonate with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom