. New here and adding things to my list of things to deal with!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Hi Mouse - I have a full list of the symptoms I suffer & how they present themselves, depending on the type of Sz I am having, if it is of any use and would be a help re: comparisons for you.

As an unstable E I can suffer anything from a "simple" absence to a petit mal, partial seizure, Grand Mal which has often progessed to status epilepticus - then of course that culminated in the brain injury, some 3 yrs ago. (Even the PS's can appear weird a lot of the time).

BW; Col.

Mouse, I

am so sorry that you're going through such a rough time--Cint gave you a great link with the different types of seizures...

But honestly if you're just falling down, and not knowing how you got there, that truly sounds like an atonic (drop) seizure. I have a friend with them, and how you describe landing on the floor is similar to how she describes landing on cement on occasion.

But hopefully that 24 hour EEG will provide you a lot of answers--especially with the combination of MSA. If it's possible to get it for longer than that, that would be even better.......

Welcome to CWE, btw. We're happy to have you here. I'm sure you're going to find that there's lots of friends, and information. Mr B has built us an AWESOME home for this dinner party, so have fun!

Take care, and good luck!

Meetz
:rock:

Back
Top Bottom