New Here

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I happened to find this web page so here I am. First my compliments on this web site and forum. It is well done.

About myself, I do not have epilepsy but I lived with it for over 20 years with my first wife. She developed it in her teenage years. When she finally started taking drugs she was able to manage it to the point of having rare grand mal seizures but frequent petite mals. Regretfully, we split up after the death of our only child whose was stillborn.

It so frustrating dealing with epilepsy. What causes it and what can cure it? I see that those questions are still being asked.

In my path of life I have realized how important health and wellness is to each of us. Regardless of the issues life throws at you, the biggest illusion you can have is to think you have any "control". Rather life is something to be savored and enjoyed. We are only passing through for a short time. You cannot step in the same river twice. I have learned that each and every moment you have no matter where or what you are doing is very important. There are no ordinary moments. I think of each moment in the beats of my heart. Those are beats that I no longer have. Therefore each moment, each beat is very important.

With that said, I have spent the last 15+ years researching how to keep and maintain health. I have celiac sprue myself and have learned the hard way how important diet is. I try to walk the talk when it comes to health. We are given only one body and it has to last a lifetime. If each of use were given only on auto that had to last that lifetime, how well would you care for it? Tell me you are doing that with your body.

I post this here to let you know I will share some of my findings. Being aware of epilepsy from my personal experience has made me sensitive to information concerning it. I recognize that epilepsy is a term for the symptoms not the "disease". There are many forms. But I do have some common thoughts.
Dennis

Welcome Dennis. What a very thoughtful post. I look forward to your future submissions.
Have you read any of DogtorJ's articles? He also has celiac disease, and his website has been a godsend to me. My daughter started having seizures a year ago, and he has devoted much of his site to epilepsy, diet, and helping others. He also is a member of this forum.

www.dogtorj.com

Hi Dennis, welcome to the forum. :hello: ... and thanks for the compliment. :)

:hello: Dennis!

Glad to have you here!
:tup:

Welcome to the CWE Forum;
it's such a wonderful place here!

Welcome Dennis,
Going on a gluten free diet helped me get my seizures under control. Grab a cuppa java, and make yourself comfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom