Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

ThirdEye

New
Reaction score
Hi. I found this site with the hopes of gaining some insight with other epileptics about getting off my meds, spirituality, meditation, and psychedelics. I have tried many psychedelics without too much trouble, so feel free to ask me about them as well.

Hi ThirdEye, welcome :)

I developed temporal lobe epilepsy at 21, and have mainly tonic clonic seizures too.

I take lamotrigine, tegretol and keppra and although they help me a bit, I find the side effects to be quite wearisome, and would love to reduce them too.

As Nak said I think it goes without saying we'd all love to reduce our meds lol, unfortunately for most of us it just isn't an option :(

When you say 'without too much trouble' on psychedelics, do you mean they've induced seizures? Or are you referring to other problems they've caused? I'm also curious to know if you've ever had to deal with a tonic clonic and it's post-ictal effects whilst tripping.

I know a few people whose epilepsy was caused or worsened by psilocybin and other natural psychedelics (as well as others by lots of other drugs) so judging from experience, I'd have to recommend against them as an alternative treatment.

I think we could all do with some meditation though lol - stress seems to be a very common generic seizure trigger..

Back
Top Bottom