new surgery nov 5

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

vagellie

New
Reaction score
Well guys i did the surgery on Monday. Gotta say the first nights are brudal but im slowly getting better. Still sometimes have trouble to see but it is said to fix when the swelling goes down.

HI Vagellie,

Hope you have a good recovery & the surgery is a success.

Sending you good wishes for continued improvement.

Congrats and all the best for success!! Sorry to hear about the sight problems and hope it's gone in a few days.
Refresh my memory - what was the type of surgery?

Hope this surgery is successful and the seizures subside.

Hang in there!!

Still sometimes have trouble to see but it is said to fix when the swelling goes down.
Have the nurses given you anything to help with the swelling around your eyes?
When I had my surgery my eyes swelled up aswell. The nurses gave me a patch with witch hazel on it which helped with the swelling around the eyes.
My left eye started to swell the day after the surgery & eventually I had trouble opening it. My left eye started to get better 3 days after the surgery but by that time my right eye started to swell up. By the time I was released from hospital 5 days after surgery the swelling had gone down on both eyes but they were both bruised but from memory I think the bruising around the eyes was only there for a few days.

slowly getting better yet still have headaches, i had a left temprol lobectomy. the swealing has gotten better yet i still have trouble sleeping threw the night , hopefully i can wash this soon kinda sick of the shower cap lol. the only think that bugs me alot is my hearing still seems to be sensitive

Still early days.. give yourself time to heal :)
:agree: with Nich

You are still at the early stage of your recovery so you still need to give your brain time to adjust.

I was sensitive to noise for the 1st 2 - 3 weeks after my surgery, everything echoed.

The headaches will ease of eventually. When I sleep I tend to toss & turn so found only sleeping on my right side after the surgery hard. Not long after my surgery I would turn onto my left side so in the end I got some pillows & put them straight down on the left side of my pillow which helped stop me from going on the left side. I think it was almost 3 months after my surgery before I could sleep on my left side without it bothering the scarring.

Last edited:
I ty for the support for everything guys, its kood to know that the sensitive hearing is comon, ithe head is getiing better but still feels tingly.

Back
Top Bottom