New to group and to the whole Nowing what is wrong is seizures..

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
New to group and to the whole Nowing what is wrong is seizures. Just getting diagnoised. Well have had issues all my life don't remember not having them and not having pain.
When child had legs crampup and sink when ever went into water. Mom said did it because afraid of water. Nope sinking and almost drowning made me afraid because of the legs cramping up. So the seizures triggered by cold temp made me afraid of drowning. Long long story. 46 years old and finally getting to know what is really wrong and hope to finally get it fixed. Doc has had me on keppra for about a month now. Had surgury for gallbladder removal as well recoverying from that. So having hard to sleep night due to my recovering from surgury. Don't think keppra has anything to do with it.lol But do know the airconditioner blowing on my legs in this hotel room does.lol It makes my leggs hurt like a bad tooth after drinking cold water. lol Have to go try to sleep. since it is almost 3am. Deena:ponder:

Deena,

Welcome! Always nice to meet someone new. Sorry to hear about your leg pain and the gallbladder. It hasn't been easy for you lately! Hopefully getting the surgery and being on your new meds will help. Let us know how you are doing :hello:

Hi Deena, welcome to CWE!

The first few months on an AED can take adjusting to. It does sound like the surgery is the main factor affecting your sleep right now, but it doesn't hurt to keep a seizure/med diary to track how you're feeling -- any seizures, any side effects, any general health issues that are part of the overall picture. I hope you can find ways to adjust your environment and avoid the cold.

Best,
Nakamova

The first few months on an AED can take adjusting to. It does sound like the surgery is the main factor affecting your sleep right now, but it doesn't hurt to keep a seizure/med diary to track how you're feeling -- any seizures, any side effects, any general health issues that are part of the overall picture. I hope you can find ways to adjust your environment and avoid the cold.

Best,
Nakamova

Well we moved from Maine to Texas. That helped.lol The airconditioner blowing on me in this hotel room is the only cold issue really now.lol But at night it gets really irratating. We are deployed military so moving into apartment in a month either here in this town or back in san antonio tx. Either way just one more month to put up with this cold airconditioer blowing on me.lol Moved bed will see if it helps.lol :} Thank you all for your support. As long as I can remember how to get to this forum and my log in will be doing fine.lol

Hi Deena, welcome to the forum. :hello:

My wife often gets leg cramps just before she has seizures. It could be an indication that you don't have enough potassium or oxygen in your system.

Leg cramping can also be a severe lack of magnesium in your body. It use to be thought that it was a lack of calcium, however they have learned that it is magnesium deficiency instead.

Magnesium deficiency can also cause headaches, migraines, convulsions or seizures.
My daughter and I take on average 800 mg per day.
My daughter takes it for seizure control (prescribed by her neurologist)
I take it for migraine control. Since taking the mineral I have not had a migraine in about 5 years.

Best,
Nakamova
Doctors check all of those. The muscle cramps and pain are part of my seizures unfortunately. They have put me on two seizure meds now. keppra and nerotin they increased my keppra to two in morning two at lunch two at supper then two 100mg of nerontin at bed time so far no seizures or pain. cold is a trigger.

nerontin didn't work but keppra did. So on keppra 24-7. amytripline and sertyline as well. It all works together and keeps my seizures away as long as I do not get to excited. To much excitement gives me one when with hubby in bed. If you know what I mean. Have to find a fix for that someday soon....

Back
Top Bottom