Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

tlpart620

New
Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I'm new here and joined to learn more about seizures and seizure disorders. Why? I've been experiencing some strange "fits or episodes", as I like to call them. I have not been to the DR. because I don't have medical insurance but my family suggests I may be having seizures.

I thought these episodes were recent until my mother reminded me of one I had nearly 20 years ago. The episodes are different in severity and sometimes symptoms but they ALL have the following in common: they usually occur at night, although the most recent happened in the morning; they all involve temperature drop and shaking, although I can still walk ... it's just difficult because of the shaking. (Note: I don't know if the shaking is caused by the temperature drop or if they are both symptoms of another cause); frequent loose bowels (NOT diarhea and I have NOT lost control of my bowels); vomiting and / or naseau depending on severity of the episode (usually frequently). One night my vomiting was so severe that I suffered a hemorrage of a vessel in my esophagus and was bleeding.

The most recent episode that I had, which occured in the morning, was preceding by a SEVERE headache at the base of my skull and right temporal lobe. It brought me to tears. I've suffered migraines before but this was nothing like the migrains I've had. There were NO visionary or audial disturbances with this one and usually MY migraines involved my entire head. I took a tylenol and went back to bed in tears. As the headache began to ease up I became naseous but did not throw up for a while. I took a second tylenol an hour later. My headache faded even more then I threw up really thick yellow blob (like in a lava lamp). Then my body temperature dropped so low that at one point the digital thermometer wouldn't even pick it up. When it did my temp was at 95.5 F. I even had a heating blanket and just couldn't warm up. Then the shaking started. I thought, perhaps, if they dip children in cold water to bring down a high temp that the opposite might work for a low one so I ran a warm bath. I did notice I was feeling somewhat confused and couldn't seem to think clearly when I got up to run my water. The bath did seemed to help some ... that's when I could get a read on the thermometer @ 95.5 F. The shaking subsided then I threw up green watery vomit. (No I had not consumed anything that would have contributed to that color). Then I became really tired and sleepy.

Does any of this sound like anything any of you have experienced?

The shaking comes before a seizure. But since you are cold, that could cause the shaking. Your loose bowels and vomiting could be seizures or it could be something else.

You need to be seen by a doctor to find out what you have. We cannot diagnose you here because we are not doctors.

Please see a doctor before you get worse. Where I live, if you have no insurance you can still go to the ER and they can diagnose you.

You desperatly need a doctor.

Hi tlpart620, welcome to CWE!

I agree with Ruth, it's best you see a doctor who can get a handle on your symptoms. There could be many different factors at work -- anything from a hypothalamus disorder to some kind of kidney infection.

I agree with the others. I would for sure be going to a doctor and letting them know everything, like what you told us here. Ive never experienced the vomiting or my temperature being so low with seizures. But from the sounds of it, i would rather see you go to a doctor, and let them take a look. Its better to be safe than sorry.

Back
Top Bottom