new type of exercise??? yeah right.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Rae1889

Veteran
Reaction score
Just saw this commercial for an exercise device that is supposed to let you have a 1 hour work out in just 5 minutes. When I first heard that line my first thought was they were advertising giving people seizures! Well I wasn't too far off.

What this device is, is essentially a weight that you grip. *and then obviously tense your muscle to lift* while it shakes and slams back and forth, in effect mimicing what your arms and surrounding muscles do during a seizure. The men and women attempting this exercise have super toned bodies and arms etc. And they claim its from this miracle exercise equipment. One part of the commercial shows a buff man only being able to hold on for 5 minutes.

If this worked as well as it says should I be super tiny and a muscle machine? I especially after that super long tonic clonic that landed me in the ICU? I should have been shrinking and toning in front of their eyes. Lol

So why is it that I can't lose the weight even though I do regular 1 hour workouts in 5 minutes and take long unscheduled walks without my knowledge? Grrrr seizures should be at least good for something.

Hey, Rae. I think you might be on to something.

If we combine TCs, Topamax, and walking everywhere because we can't drive, it's the perfect weightloss recipe. We can open an upscale diet camp and people can take our disorder from us, take our meds, and run a few errands for us around town. We could charge them $350/day.

Last edited:
I second that! There is any parody on the internet about that "device" women who burn Cal by shaking their arm... 350€ its too much the current rate it about 40€ a hour here.

:mrt:

They've actually been trying to market Zonegran out as a weight-loss drug. (I lost weight on it, but trust me, it's a horrible way to do so.)

Thumbs up on the "epilepsy weight loss boot camp". All we need is the right late-night infomercial to get it off the ground. :)

LOL i soo agree! How could u market that though? I know where i am at, it would be an easy sell....:roflmao:

Infomercial.... :ponder:

Commercial during "So you think you can dance" TV show (http://www.fox.com/dance/)

Que:

Very hip music. Rather overweight dancers doing the latest dance in a dark sweaty club. It looks like it smells bad, it looks like it feels bad.

Pan to a beautiful beach with tropical breezes, SKINNY devistatingly attractive dancers (in tiny bikinis loosely tied, or if guys with their washboard ab.s in those european little speedo things) doing OUR dance in the pristine white sand, with a bottle of Tegretol in one hand, Topamax in the other. Sure, they are laying down, but since they all still have their bathing suits on I think it will pass the TV censorship board.

Then the voice-over, with a sexy drawl: "Epilepsy is it with the in crowd. No dieting, no exercise - just be with us, be beautiful, and be who you are! Lose 20 pounds in 20 days, guaranteed!"

Fade to the offer page, where we show a toll-free number and offer a $1.99 trial . "Come for one all-inclusive day for just $1.99. All we need is your credit card number...."

(Fine teeny tiny print at the bottom of the page: unless you find the hidden number to call us and cancel then we'll charge your credit card $15,000 for the balance of your stay, plus up to $10,000 per day for needed medications and medical care, depending on needs.)

We'll be rich.

lol....

Last edited:
:roflmao: I love how you think Endless.

You definitely are a good capitalist.

I love it! If only it worked like that i'd be fit in no time :roflmao:

Back
Top Bottom