New VNS -Magnets

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Topcat

Stalwart
Reaction score
Well the strap really. Many months ago I talked to a Rep (Sean) from "Liva Nova," (formerly Cyberonics) who told me that they had changed.
I went to my neurologist yesterday and got one it's more like a watch band:

https://ecomed.ua/eng/prods/Neuorostimulation/vns_therapy_125

314.jpg

By the way my Neurologist said it's time for a new VNS.

This will make my third. I thought I was going through them quick but he said between five and seven years is normal and this will be six years for me.

The actual unit, the magnet itself, i have a few of.

There is a belt clip that i only have 1 or 2 of.....Those are the ones i use most.

The strap reminds me of the seizure watches.

I don't really like to wear anything like a watch either but the ones with a clip seem to pop off my belt.

Back
Top Bottom