New

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Dayday

New
Reaction score
Hi im new here and am just looking for support and some help. Im a 35yr old female have had 6 granmal seizures lifetime, 3 in the past year and having worse aura almost like its constant and twitching idk if anyone else has ever experienced this but i dont see the neurologist for 7 more days and just wonder if anyone knows why i maybe feeling in the state of constant floating and jerking. Im talking 24 hours a day. Sorry new,to forums not sure if i even posted this in the correct place

Hi Dayday,

Welcome to CWE! I'm sorry you have been have more seizures. This happened to me when my drug level was low so you may want to call your neuro or family Dr. and request and complete blood count and drug level be done to see if that's the problem.
I was taught back in the 1970's that the moment a aura seizure started to tighten up all the muscles in my body and make my hands into tight fists for a few seconds, if I do it fast enough it stops the seizure and it's been working great.
You may be having hormones changing now which could also lead to more seizures I know when I started to go through premenopause my seizures increased but after it was over the seizures decreased. I found eating any type of nuts helpful because it increased the progesterone level which calmed the nerves.
I would set up an appt. with your neuro or start seeing an Epileptologist to find out for sure what's going on. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

Hi Dayday, welcome to CWE! You're definitely in the right place, CWE members are great at offering support and anecdotal advice. :)

Are you on any meds right now? The twitching and the floating sensation could be seizure-related, but it could also be a medication side effect. I remember feeling twitchy and spacey on the first seizure med I was put on (Dilantin), and it turned out that it was because I was on waaaay too high a dose.

Hello, Dayday, and welcome to the CWE. This is the right place. I've had seizures since childhood, & experienced all types of them.
You'll probably feel kind of weird until your AED's blood level stabilizes--if you are on medication now. What you describe feeling right now are possibly simple partials or AED side effects, as medications affect everyone differently.

Back
Top Bottom