New

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rachel

New
Reaction score
Hi there

Someone pointed me in this direction.

I've read some of the posts and recognise some of you already :D

I am a special needs teaching assistant who works 1 to 1 with a little lad with uncontrolled E.

He is due to have the VNS fitted in September.

His E has never been controlled and suffers from T.C's, partials, myoclonicsn and absences. Most of his T.c's are nocturnal and he has been rescuited a number of times. He has been in 'status' more times than I can remember.

He has been out of school since Jan. I have taught him in the hospital and now has a home/school tutor. I visit him whenever I can. He has recently come in to school for 2 hours to say hello to everyone.

He has been extremely poorly this year :(

I am married and 2 beautiful daughters, aged 9 1/2 and 6yrs. Annabelle and Lucy.

We also have 2 kittens - 10 weeks old - and making life very interesting at the moment :D Diesel and Thomas :D

Anyway that's me.

P.S. I LOVE Captain Jack Sparrow :D

:hello: :hello: Hi rachel, and welocme to the froum, nice to see you
anyway hope all is well, and hope that you find this forum very usefull
take care for now from kitty x

Hi Rachel, welcome to the forum. :hello:

That boy is really going to treasure the effort you put into helping him. It is so wonderful that you went online in search of a greater understanding of his condition. Kudos to you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom