newbie,just wanting to say hi everyone.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

bluelammy

Reaction score
Hi everyone,just wanting to say hello and introduce myself.Im 51 years old married for 23 years and have 2 sons 21 and 16. I suffer mainly nocturnal siezures and have had the condition since 1972 and can remember exactly when my problem started but ill tell you more about that at a later post.I live in Liverpool,England a beautiful historic city that this year is European capital of culture with so much going on it would take me days to tell you whats happening around the city.At the moment im taking 400mg of phenytoin and 2500mg of keppra daily and this has cut my seizures down to about 6 tc monthly.well tats the basics about me, hope to hear from some of you soon.

Hi, hello, and

how do ya do? It's very nice to meet you, Blue!:clap::clap:

Welcome to CWE!!! You have found a WONDERFUL place to be! Mr B has made us an AWESOME home here.:woot:

You know, if memory serves me, we have several other Brits here, that are from Liverpool, too......Now, if only my memory (blast it all) would let me recall who they are......Elaine? CrazyMonkey? Perhaps thats right....

Anyway, feel free to check out all of the nooks and crannies here. There are plenty of them. The Library, Speber's Auditorium, The Padded Room, The Kitchen and more........

Have you considered changing your diet to help cut back on your seizures even more? There are several types that can be used to do so....

Take care!

Meetz
:rock:

Last edited:
Hi Lammy! Welcome to CWE
Glad you decided to drop in.

Hi lammy -- Welcome :)
I very much enjoyed reading about Liverpool and I'm glad to meet you.

how do ya do? It's very nice to meet you, Blue!

Meetz

Ra, Ra, Rhee :woot::clap: "Hi, hello, and how do you do?" Not only a great cheer, but also a great rhyme (do, you, and Blue). Meetz, you may not have recall, but you got rhythm! :banana:

Welcome Blue! Gosh, my welcome seems rather bland. :agree: Nonetheless, glad you joined us! This is a great place to find support. Make yourself comfortable. :)

Take care. -Julie

Hi Blue! Welcome to CWE. :) We're a friendly group, so feel free to ask questions, chime in, or vent when needed. :)

:hello: Blue!

:cheers: - Glad to have you here in CWE!
Hope you will find this place as bloody darned
lovely!

:D

Hiya Blue

Welcome to CWE

I think Meetz has already half introduced me, I am from the UK as well!!!!! I live in the bump over on the east coast (Norwich), along with all of my fellow Norfolkian carrot crunchers.

Take care, I hope you enjoy the site.

The Crazy Monkey

Hi bluelammy, welcome to the forum. :hello:

If all your seizure activity is nocturnal, I have to ask... Have you ever been tested for sleep apnea?

Hi folks,me again.Just looking at the replys to my first post,thanks for making me feel welcome.:clap:I know i,m going to enjoy this website.As i said briefly in my introduction ive been troubled with epilepsy for the past 37 years,unlike some people it hasnt been such a major problem for me as i have approx 90% of my seizures whilst asleep tc,so in a way i can count myself lucky as im not suffering as badly as some other people and i know how much it can effect your life or those of your family having to live with such a condition.Over the years ive had my ups and downs,and have got quite a few tales to tell that i want to share with other people hoping it helps them with their problems,because dont forget a problem shared is a problem halved,so everyone keep your chin up, we`ll all beat this together.:wave::ps can anyone tell me how to put my photo on my profile. thanks

click on your name in upper right corner to bring up your profile...click on "customize profile" (it's on right side, near middle of screen) and on next page, click on edit profile picture (on left upper corner)

Back
Top Bottom