newbie mom of 3

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Hi everyone, yes I'm new here looking for support from people going through similar situations of dealing with epilepsy. I was diagnosed in 2010,I was diagnosed with partial seizures. I was on the medication up until recently. I feel lost, I don't qualify for Medicaid or health care coverage. I no longer have a way to get my medication or see the doctor. I feel people around me don't understand how I feel or what I'm going through. I suffer from epilepsy, hypothyroidism, depression and anxiety. I am a single mother of three children they are my world I just wish I could do more for them, my epilepsy has taken over and even my family does not understand... Google searching for epilepsy information has brought me here Hi!!!

Welcome and I hope you find the information you need and the support I've experienced here - it's a great help! Glad you found us!

Hi everyone, yes I'm new here looking for support from people going through similar situations of dealing with epilepsy. I was diagnosed in 2010,I was diagnosed with partial seizures. I was on the medication up until recently. I feel lost, I don't qualify for Medicaid or health care coverage. I no longer have a way to get my medication or see the doctor. I feel people around me don't understand how I feel or what I'm going through. I suffer from epilepsy, hypothyroidism, depression and anxiety. I am a single mother of three children they are my world I just wish I could do more for them, my epilepsy has taken over and even my family does not understand... Google searching for epilepsy information has brought me here Hi!!!

Maybe you can look at some of these links for help with meds
https://www.rxhope.com/

http://www.pparx.org/en/prescription_assistance_programs/list_of_participating_programs

http://www.needymeds.org/index.htm

Hi darkangel, welcome to CWE. We are glad you've joined us. :)

Welcome. I hope you find wonderful support and new friends here :)

Welcome to CWE. This forum was created out of love by Bernard for his wife Stacy. That love permeates throughout the whole forum.

I had 4 children, with my epilepsy. I just sat down and talked to them about my health. I told them that it was like a bad cold, only it was here to stay. I also taught them that it is not contagious. I taught them how to call for emergency. I was having t/c's. I usually woke up in a hospital. My children were little in the 1960's. It never worried them, because E did not get to me.

I had friends that lived close by who could take care of them. Do you have close friends that you can talk too? Talk calm to your relatives and educate them.

You need to calm down. I recommend a cup of Chamomile tea.

Keep a positive attitude. I always took my children for walks. That not only is relaxing but it keeps your mind off of your problems.

Take care, :hugs:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom