Newsflash...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's how I came to terms with it too...worrying won't stop them...so acknowledge them---then live life to the fullest!
:)
Hope he's feeling better soon!

Epilepsy SUCKS. Likewhoa. Really really sucks.

I've had seizures since April 2004, and I thought I had finally come to terms with it. I never have anything but grand mal seizures, but after reading several books and mourning the loss of my non-epileptic self, I really thought I was okay with epilepsy. I was averaging one seizure a year(ish), but then I've had two in the past three weeks.

This past one was at my work. I crashed head-first into a book cart, landing myself with a black eye and stitches in my face. My tongue is killing me, and I can't lift up my left arm. THIS BLOWS.

Maybe I'm just in my post-seizure slump. I always get these. Ever played the Sims? I've always described having a Grand Mal like having all your mood bars of your sim set back to 0. You pee yourself, you get disgustingly dirty with sweat and pee, you sleep for a jillion years, wake up hungry and sore... you get the picture. Now that I'm starting to feel better (minus the injuries) I'm just in this really nasty phase of depression. I'm eager for it to go away. GAH. I just want to cry and hug my family, but I feel guilty for being upset about it. I'm mostly stressed out because I had it at work... I left the office I share with three other people with a puddle of pee and blood. This is so frustrating.

I guess I just needed to vent. I had epilepsy... I hate that I have it, I hate that every single decision I make, I have to consider my epilepsy. I hate that the past two seizures haven't been induced my by my regular triggers (my period, drinking, and not getting enough sleep) and that I can't drive, hang out with my friends (I AM at University), and make decisions based on regular old consequences... not crazy life-altering ones.

THIS SUCKS.

[/vent]

sometimes i have trouble standing up so I have my dog to help me I just hold onto his back lol

you i think can see a picture of him here hes sleeping with my hubby well until i took his picture :)

http://www.ringo.com/photos/photo.html?photoId=237696740

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom