NFL of 2018

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

finalpoet

Stalwart
Reaction score
I don't know if I should name my team, sports are like politics you say the wrong name and you could be assassinated. Moving forward, who is enjoying this season? My team isn't doing great, making me watch less. What about you?

I've always been ambivalent about my local team (The Patriots). I'm not that fond of Belichick/Brady/Kraft, but I can appreciate their success over the past decade. (Even when it's due in part to the weakness of the other AFC East teams.)

The Pats have a winning record so far, but they haven't been dominating. For me, what makes the games harder and harder to watch are the injuries -- not just the concussions, but the broken bones, the ACL tears, the sounds when they crunch into one another. Football is basically designed for TV so it's entertaining, but I hate it when the announcers celebrate a "vicious hit." And don't get me started on the ridiculousness of having cheerleaders...

Hi Folks,
Even though I used to live in Mass. I still like the Eagles the best. My husband like the Patriots and what we do is bet each other and if my team wins he has to clean the house or cook dinner and if I lose then I have to take him out to dinner. We have fun doing that.
I don't know if any of you remember him but Alan Faneca (whose retired now) used to play for the NY Jets then he went over to the Arizonia Cardinals. He has had epilepsy since he was 14 yrs. old but he didn't let it stop him from playing professional football. Wishing you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

I don't know if I should name my team, sports are like politics you say the wrong name and you could be assassinated. Moving forward, who is enjoying this season? My team isn't doing great, making me watch less. What about you?

Don't feel bad, my team is in the same boat. Our QB is not cutting it, hasn't for the past 3-4 seasons.

My watching isn't about the game itself. It's about all the anthem standing bs.
IMO: These players are playing an American Game, for American Money, they should stand for the American Anthem.

No stand, No play, No Pay! Fine them, bench them, cut them.

My team, the Denver Broncos, isn't doing well this year, either. They finally won another game against the Steelers last week after having lost 6. I haven't enjoyed the game since Peyton Manning retired. He wasn't so full of himself like the majority of quarterbacks are. He was my inspiration.

my Bears are on the rise.

Not sure how far it will go, or how long it will last.......But for now, they are rolling.

I've given up on the NFL for the last two seasons due to a certain type of player conduct.
That conduct seems to be ending now that it's gotten less notoriety.
Football is still my favorite sport and my favorite team the Chicago Bears are doing much better than was expected this year. So, for now I'm enjoying college football and watching Bears highlights on the news.

My team, the Denver Broncos, isn't doing well this year, either. They finally won another game against the Steelers last week after having lost 6. I haven't enjoyed the game since Peyton Manning retired. He wasn't so full of himself like the majority of quarterbacks are. He was my inspiration.

True, hopefully Peyton's brother also decides to hang up his helmet. lol Maybe "Big Blue" will
have a chance to turn around.

Football junkies here. We play in several fantasy football leagues so you know what that means..?? We root for certain players, not necessarily teams. It gets even harder when your opponents have the same players you have in your other leagues. Still fun. :D

Born and bred in Dallas Texas but was never a Cowboy fan. I liked the Houston Oilers growing up.

Tomorrow night is a good game. Saints vs cowboys. I have players going on each team. I esperically need Brees and Zeke to score me a ton of points.

Sorry Guys I just cannot get the hang of the NFL or understand its rules. I prefer the Hurling and rugby.

I am a fan of the Bengals since I was a little kid and really enjoy pro football. Currently we have gone from a good start to sad team. The QB is is out, the head coach stinks and the defense can't figure out how to tackle.
With all of that I will give the players and the team credit because they decide when this take a knee idiocy began the team acted as a team not individuals and nobody took a knee.

I'm a Pittsburgh Steelers fan...from the looks of things, we might be in with a chance this season...can't say the same for the Penguins though although it looks like we are turning our season around

Back
Top Bottom