nice:(

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

angel

New
Reaction score
http://blog.oregonlive.com/breakingnews/2007/11/new_cold_bug_that_killed_10_ha.html

my husband the kids and I all started getting sick after the christmas party at my sisters.... you know what upsets me is I guess some people who came to the party were sick.... Im after reading about this new cold bug am going to really have to watch my kids.... it feels like a cold and the flu all in one...... they have no temps right now.... still though, that news story is scary.... my husband never gets sick with colds but hes pretty ill right now.....

Im kinda annoyed at the people who came to the party sick... mom told me that their kids were very ill also.... I had no idea or i would have left...... I know i bet i sound like a mean old hag ;) it hard to take care of a family who's grumpy and ill all day..... I found something that kinda helps fresh ginger boiled with garlic in organic chicken broth .... you have to chew the ginger and garlic... lol clears your head right up...

ok im done bitching for now:paperbag:

Last edited:
Just remember that it takes a while to see the symptoms of a virus so people often don't realise they are sick or contagious.

Hope you guys stay healthy & have a great holiday though.

Just remember that it takes a while to see the symptoms of a virus so people often don't realise they are sick or contagious.

Hope you guys stay healthy & have a great holiday though.

well, Im not really mad i guess it might sound that way im actually a pretty mellow open minded understanding person....

thank s for wishing us a healthy and happy holiday... :rock: we always have fun no matter what:) im just tired so im coming off as being a b**** online I guess :) honey and fresh ginger tea is helping a lot!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mmmm, you've got me craving ginger tea now. I think I"ll go make some.

I go for Chicken N Dumplin's

I go for Chicken 'n Dumplin's!

:)

(((((((( Hugs ))))))))))

Feel better soon!

Yup I was going to say the same thing Angel. When you are contagious you don't know you are infecting others, and by the time you see the symptoms, you are usually not contagious any longer. I remember when my son was out of sorts on the airplane I had no idea he was coming down with chicken pox. Just think how many folks we infected. YIKES

I have been reading though on another site how important fevers are. We need to have fevers to fight the virus. To try to reduce the fever with Tylenol or the like, is not good for the body. We set all sorts of issues up when the virus sits dormant in the body.

A basic fever, one due to minor bacterial or viral illness, can be an expression of the immune system working at its best. Given that most animals (vertebrates anyway) mount a fever in response to illness, it's likely that humans have preserved this evolutionary response because it improves survival. Some research supports this theory; animal studies show when fever is blocked, survival rates from infection decline.

Fever increases the amount of interferon (a natural antiviral and anticancer substance) in the blood. A mild fever also increases the white blood cells that kill cells infected with viruses, fungi, and cancer, and improves the ability of certain white blood cells to destroy bacteria and infected cells. Fever also impairs the replication of many bacteria and viruses.

Bottom line: A moderate fever is a friend, but not one you want to spend a lot of time with. So it makes sense to avoid suppressing moderate fevers with drugs, while continuing to monitor your child for dramatic increases in temperature and worsening of any other of his symptoms.
http://www.mercola.com/2000/dec/17/fever.htm

Awwww angel....you put your feet up girl and get some rest. I know what you mean about these 'spreaders' though - they can be annoying. I think I may exeperienced one in work Today, in our lovely air-conditioned building that just loves to suck it up and spread it around.

I feel a little heavy around the eyes right now, and think it could be the start of the worse thing ever....

......MAN FLU !! :pfft:

Awwww angel....you put your feet up girl and get some rest. I know what you mean about these 'spreaders' though - they can be annoying. I think I may exeperienced one in work Today, in our lovely air-conditioned building that just loves to suck it up and spread it around.

I feel a little heavy around the eyes right now, and think it could be the start of the worse thing ever....

......MAN FLU !! :pfft:

OMG! NOT THE MAN FLU! :roflmao: I don't want to have to take you to the ER!

we took my husband just last night he thought he was dying from this head cold virus.... :noevil: The ER doctors decided to take a look at me first because MY MOM drove us to the ER & i was coughing etc decided she wanted me to be checked ... (my husband was so ill until we arrived at the hospital:( the doctor took a look at me and they took me first ) anyways to make a long story short hubbys not going to die,, lol he says the doctors were rude because they checked me first I didn't even want to be checked i told the doctor im fine with my ginger and honey home made tea... until i had to leave the house its like 15 degrees outside here right now maybe 7...
the doctor tells my husband you just have a COLD virus like your wife :roflmao: my husband was very distraught hes for sure its something worse:paperbag: some MEN are seriously silly when they get sick...

a3432c19.gif

TT That was hysterical! That could be my old man! HAHAHAHA! Good find!

Oh BTW...(rubs TT's forehead)...Poor bunny!

a3432c19.gif

TT That was hysterical! That could be my old man! HAHAHAHA! Good find!

Oh BTW...(rubs TT's forehead)...Poor bunny!

Birdy, I can't take the credit - if you look a bit further up, you'll notice that 'angel' posted the Man-Flu link. ;)

<saying in a 'I feel sorry for myself' voice> Thanks for rubbing my forehead BB....I think my Man-Flu has gone now though....but just keep rubbing my forehead for me - it's definitely making me feel better :D

How about the in-law flu!? It's prevalent during holidays. I think I'm getting ill now. Payback!!!!!!!

How about the in-law flu!? It's prevalent during holidays. I think I'm getting ill now. Payback!!!!!!!

(angel's rubbing TeeTees forehead poor little bunny ;) )

:roflmao: I told my in laws we are all sick with this flu cold thing..... THEY are still coming over! :paperbag: SO I guess since we have no money for gifts we will be sharing the cold instead....:noevil::paperbag:

Last edited:
The image is too tempting... find a coffee can and cough into it. Wrap it up

naw.... I think it is nice that they still want to come over. Put on the tea kettle and let them take care of you all. That is the best present ever.

The image is too tempting... find a coffee can and cough into it. Wrap it up

naw.... I think it is nice that they still want to come over. Put on the tea kettle and let them take care of you all. That is the best present ever.

:roflmao: ROBIN.....I didn't think you'd be the kind of person to come up with that coffee can image

Good one though - it's got me thinking :ponder:

We need to hide this thread ...
or all the ....

MEN WILL FIND IT ....

and will get all the ideas ...
They look for stuff like this you
know ...

:roflmao:

We need to hide this thread ...
or all the ....

MEN WILL FIND IT ....

and will get all the ideas ...