No More Seizures - Epilepsy Foundation's new website

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I saw the site and, considering it's raison d’état of eliminating all seizures, found it quite disappointing that it only promotes a handful of therapy options. I would think that if they were truly serious about eliminating seizures, they would list every option/possibility that has been studied with some measure of success (like I have tried to do with my chart).

The site seems very basic to me, but it may be that it's just geared towards people new to epilepsy. Still, the site has a nice design.

Not only that, the information about the VNS is incorrect and very misleading. It's like someone describing bits and pieces they overheard from a stranger's conversation of which they came into late.
d1fda7f2.gif

Not impressive at all!

This isn't very iformative and Bernard is right it doesnot show other alternative options. I think they could have done a better job on this project for sure! I am disappointed!
avid:tdown:

Back
Top Bottom