No more Zonegran!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Blessed

New
Reaction score
I dropped the final 25mg. of Zonegran this past Wednesday. It feels very strange and very scary not to take a pill first thing in the morning! I have been on some type of AED for 25 years. It feels very weird but VERY GOOD!

I am being extremely careful with my diet (I follow a modified Atkins diet) with no refined sugars, plenty of protein, good fats and complex carbohydrates and lots of water. Basically it is just fresh, whole foods. I walk and lift weights for exercise. I have also started taking vitamin supplements. Most of all I make sure I get PLENTY OF SLEEP!

I have altered my driving patterns until I know how being without meds will affect that.

I am also using a homeopathic remedy that seems to be helping. We'll see. I go back for a follow-up visit on the Sept. 13th.

This is scary and new for me. After 25 years, I feel like Capt. James T. Kirk............."To boldly go where no man has gone before!":brock:

Blessed

Congrats Blessed!

One day at a time. :)

Back
Top Bottom