not pins and needles but tingling?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

cool1984

New
Reaction score
hi all.
I need some help.

this week i started with something i think it do with my E.

it started on tusday night i went to bed and i was falling alsleep like you do. and i start getting not pins and needles but tingling it started in my feet and then came up to my face and it only was for a few mins on tusday night it did scay me.

but again on thursday on the train i flet so very tiyed. and i had a bit of a headac and i fellasleep. for a bit. when i woke up for about 30mins i got the tingling again. in my feet to my face agian..

has anybody had this?
thanks hope somebody can help

thanks
cazzie

Tingling, Numbness, can be a part of a Seizure,
but it also can be something else -
something extremely SERIOUS!

You need to discuss this with your Neurologist
as soon as possible, like TODAY!

If it is on your left side, it can also be a sign
of T.I.A. - transient ischemic attack aka mini-
stroke or a Heart Attack; especially if your
experiencing numbness on your left side of
your face, arms, legs, body - it's an emergency
and you should go to the Hospital right away
and be checked out as soon as possible!

Todd's Paralysis also can mimic a T.I.A. in this
fashion as well; it's too dangerous to toy around
with. There is such thing as Seizure-Stroke.

I've had it, unfortunately, and it's not funny nor
is it something to put off or delay, it requires
medical attention immediately. It doesn't matter
where you are in the world - it can KILL, cause
brain damage, and cause a whole new set of
medical problems if you go untreated. Don't
put yourself in jeopardy.

Take it from me, who's been through it, it's no
laughing matter!

Click on the Banner below to find out more info:

14569.gif

What is Stroke?

Stroke is the third leading cause of death in America and the No. 1 cause of adult disability.

80% of strokes are preventable; you can prevent a stroke!

What is a stroke?

A stroke or "brain attack" occurs when a blood clot blocks an artery (a blood vessel that carries blood from the heart to the body) or a blood vessel (a tube through which the blood moves through the body) breaks, interrupting blood flow to an area of the brain. When either of these things happen, brain cells begin to die and brain damage occurs.

When brain cells die during a stroke, abilities controlled by that area of the brain are lost. These abilities include speech, movement and memory. How a stroke patient is affected depends on where the stroke occurs in the brain and how much the brain is damaged.

For example, someone who has a small stroke may experience only minor problems such as weakness of an arm or leg. People who have larger strokes may be paralyzed on one side or lose their ability to speak. Some people recover completely from strokes, but more than 2/3 of survivors will have some type of disability.

It could also be a sign that AED levels in your blood stream are too high (toxic). Has your doc/hospital done a blood test to check your med levels?

37890.gif

STROKE 101 - PDF

This is a PDF File which includes everything from
Stroke, T.I.A., and more. It is strongly recommended
for you to download and print it out; and how it
impacts your cardiac system & brain.

And YES - Epilepsy can result from this.

i have the tingling evey day.
any body got any ideas i feel a bit daft going doctors.
take care
caz

Back
Top Bottom