Oh, Bloody Hell

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Pingu

Stalwart
Reaction score
Well this morning I received a nice wake up call. Getting off the bus near my transfer point for my train to work, I was walking along a section of pathway that has been torn up and re-laid so many times it is uneven in several sections, some dropping by over 3 inches. I have rolled my ankle on it many times in the past because of my foot slipping into one of these ditches. Today I woke up with an extremely sore right ankle so I've been limping all morning. Cue the transfer and I am walking along the pathway and my left ankle falls into a ditch, rolling it. Given my right ankle couldn't support my weight, it collapses and I go down like a sack of sand. Luckily I had my wallet in my hand from getting off the bus so I used it to save myself from getting too badly damaged from the concrete...just like I've done with my underwater camera to save myself from a rock. (ripped the leather though).

Unfortunately this area is a junction point for the 3 local councils and each palmed me off to the other area...except one, they palmed me off to the state government and told me because the area is a main road, it's their responsibility to repair it. Having dealt with them in the past for maintenance work in a previous job...I'm out of luck on this one, if they can't fix a road, what chance do I have with a footpath?

Maybe you should bring all your garbage to out on the bad section of the path, to even it out. Or perhaps spray paint the section in bright colors so no one else twists their ankle. That should get someone's attention...

Hi Pingu,

I'm sorry you hurt your ankle I fractured mine a few yrs. ago and I ended up having to go into physical therapy for about 3 months to make things better. They used ultra sound to kill a lot of the pain. I know if I were in your place I would leave the town responsible for all your medical bills along with any pain you have. Don't back down on them if you get a lawyer they will maybe offer you a settlement from their ins. to cover everything so you don't end up in court. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

Back
Top Bottom