Participate in a telephone research study for women with epilepsy!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
We are looking for women to take part in an in-depth telephone interview to discuss their experiences with epilepsy and with making decisions about contraception, and pregnancy.

Your participation in the study would involve one telephone interview that will last 30 to 60 minutes and can be conducted at a time that is most convenient for you.

You are eligible to participate if you:
• are female
• have epilepsy
• between 24-44 years old
• speak fluent English
• live in the US

Call or email to see if you are eligible!

You will be reimbursed with a $50 Amazon gift card for your time.

FYI:
asdbibisrh said:
We have had the study approved by an IRB and have a number of procedures in place for ensuring privacy. The only link to participants’ identities will be in the field log that is tracking recruitment and interview progress. This log will contain a list of the study IDs and the first name, email, and phone number of all participants. This log will only be accessible to study staff, will be kept on a password protected computer, and will be destroyed once the interviews have been completed, and all participants have been sent remuneration. Informed consent forms, which will contain study ID numbers and the date of the interview, but not participants’ names, will be stored in a filing cabinet and will be destroyed after the study is completed. Digital recordings of interviews will also be kept on password protected computers and destroyed after transcription is completed. The final transcripts used for data analysis will be devoid of any identifying information, but will also be kept on password protected computers. Data will be destroyed by permanently deleting the files from the computer, and shredding any paper documentation. We will never share emails with anyone else for any reason. The only people with access to the data are study staff at Ibis Reproductive Health and the IRB at Boston University (who approved the study). The funder of the study is the Society for Family Planning.

For additional information regarding this study or to enroll, please send asdbibisrh a PM or call 877-532-1472.

More: http://www.societyfp.org/research/abstracts/dennis2010.asp

we are looking for women to take part in an in-depth telephone interview to discuss their experiences with epilepsy and with making decisions about contraception, and pregnancy.

Your participation in the study would involve one telephone interview that will last 30 to 60 minutes and can be conducted at a time that is most convenient for you.

You are eligible to participate if you:
• are female
• have epilepsy
• between 24-44 years old
• speak fluent english
• live in the us

call or email to see if you are eligible!

You will be reimbursed with a $50 amazon gift card for your time.
i am very interested in the study!! Esp after my meds upped and seizure free for firse time 4 3 months until the earthquake hit the est coast on aug 23 2011 i live in pa ! Seized immediat before the earth quake hit!just looking for answers i am 42yo/f

would love to help but in Australia and am 45. Good luck with the search

I am interested as well. I am 27, female, 2 kids and have had epilepsy since I was 7. I live in Missouri.

how about a study about men coping with epilepsy. i would be happy to participate in such a study.

Back
Top Bottom