PG update...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I can only hope Meetz....If I can be half as good a mom as my mom was, I will be blessed.

From Dr Blaylock's May 2009 Report:

There is growing awareness in the medical community that even mild (subclinical) hypothyroidism during critical stages of pregnancy can result in serious and irreversible damage to a baby’s brain development.

The most common cause for hypothyroidism during pregnancy is iodine deficiency. Yet, it is rare for obstetricians to even suggest iodine supplementation despite urgings by experts in the field. Young girls, well before reaching childbearing age, should be taking at least 1 milligram of iodine/ iodinate a day, which comes as a supplement called
Iodoral.

The latest...

Today hubby and I went and had one of those 3D ultrasounds at the OB's office. :) The tech was good...it only took her 10 minutes to do the entire thing...and when she was talking to us, and not looking at the screen she made sure to lift the wand off of the belly so as not to bother the baby. :) The baby has been very active the last week, and finally came out of breech. Her head is tipping down, but her legs are about horizontal to the belly button..so she's not completely head down yet. While hubby was busy counting fingers and toes, I was busy checking her palate to make sure no cleft palate. She's got her dad's nose and my lips. :) Can't wait to see her when she comes out. :) (Ok...I admit it...I'm getting a bit excited now...)

Also, because of the info they got today, the OB is moving the due date from 07/11 to 07/07. As of today she's 34 weeks along and 5.9 pounds. (So I'm thinking she's going to be a big baby....:woot:...I was worried that the early smoking might have caused her to be undersized...)

Had a baby shower @ work today. Got some absolutely adorable outfits,a gorgeous baby blanket, a package of diapers, and lots of diaper rash cream, powder, and baby oil...Hubby's boss is going to throw us a shower in late June. Also, got a third car seat. Told hubby that we now have a car seat for every vehicle plus a spare! We have been so blessed by all of our friends. I know that without the prayers that we've had as well as the good wishes, things would be so much different.

Had my dilantin levels checked last week. They were at a 5.9. Dilantin isn't therapeutic until it's at least at a 10. To know that and to realize how fortunate we've been to not have the seizures going right and left and makes me realize just how much we've been watched over.( OB spoke to neuro and they ordered my meds upped to 100mg. Dilantin 4 x/day. Not bad. It gives me haope that after the baby I'll be able to go back to 100 mg. 3x/day. ) So I want to say thank you. Thank you to everyone who has prayed for us, sent us good energy, and wished us well. You are very much appreciated.

May you be blessed as you bless.

Susan

PS= And yes, I'm still smoke free.... :)

Last edited:
Wooohooo!!!!

This is some AWESOME news!!!!

The baby's moving to the right position, the due date's moved up, and you're still seizure and smoke free!!:clap::clap::woot::clap::woot:

I am sooooooooo happy for you, Susan!!

I CANNOT wait for that little bundle of joy to get here!

(Ironically, I have a sister named Susan....)

Keep up the great work, Mom....you're gonna be GREAT!!!

Back
Top Bottom