Photo sensitivity update

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
We had an appt with the neuro today. She ordered an EEG for my son, so I am waiting for that to be scheduled. She didn't give me any ideas of what it could be, other than seizures. He had a 5 day video 2 and a half years ago that was totally normal, but she said enough time has passed to see if there is a change. I am not sure if it comes back fine what the plan is. Lots of unknown right now until we do the EEG.

More wait-and-see -- no fun. Hang in there.

Forgot to say my little man has had 4 clear EEG's, the 5th showed a slowing on the back right of his brain but his eye's also rolled up when they did the light test but they said his EEG didn't really alter, it was a bit unusual but can happen. He was what they think are a absence event/s plus other events although the Nureologist said he is only going by the footage we have shown him as nothing has shown to indicate them on his EEG. He does have a lesion in his brain on his putamen but his Nureologist said it may explain his events but he can't be sure.
It is so hard to work out what is really going on also when so they are young and can't explain how they feel etc as well. My little man will be 22 months old in just over a week and we can't wait until the day he has is able to let us know about what is happening, if he is able to.
Donna

Back
Top Bottom