"Pin-point red marks" on face from tegretol

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I've noticed pin point red marks on Blake's face (similar to the peteciae he had after his status episode) and swelling of his face near the eyes. Today while I was looking at tegretol side effects (he has been REALLY REALLY hungry, so I wondered if this was a cause) those marks seem to be in the "call doctor immediately" category! Yikes. Waiting on a call back from the neurologist.... Anyone have any ideas on what that would be?
TIA

Unless it's a side-effect from a medication it doesn't really sound neurological. I would think you might want to call your GP.

Last edited:
It could be the start of a drug reaction rash. The swelling makes me a bit suspicious. He could have just slept funny on his face, too. No telling what it could be.

Only your doctor can tell for sure what it is. He'll probably need you to come in so he can look at it.

If it were me, if you don't hear back in a couple of hours, call again. And again. You need a response quicker than 4:55 p.m. tonight so you can take your son in today.

The neurologist called back and said that as long as they continue to disappear within a few hours after the dose, he is ok to continue on the tegretol.

Thanks for all your input everyone!

Back
Top Bottom