Pity Party TIME!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Birdbomb

VNS Guru
Reaction score
OMG am I in agony!

Yesterday my girfriend and her hubby treated us to a trip to the Adventurdome and then dinner at the buffet as a christmas present.

I have been in the middle of a flare for about 2 weeks now and yesterday morning my Rheumy upped my pain medication to loratabs. Holy cow did my hips lock up! My feet and ankles feel like they have been beat with a baseball bat. I am paying dearly! I knew this would happen but I hated to refuse the gift. My girls had such a wonderful time and they won some cute stuffed animals.

I guess taking down the christmas decorations is gonna have to wait.
smiley_186.gif

Sorry to hear that. I hope that you take care of yourself. The decorations can wait.
I remember going to that place once, when Rebecca was young... that was enough for me.

First time I have ever gone. We stay away from the strip. The last time were were at Circus Circus was 15 years ago! My MIL took us. (another place she tainted)

Awwwwwww, soooo very sorry Birdbomb!! I know the feeling well....but at least the girls had fun....right?:-/ Hopefully the Loratabs will help you feel better soon!

Meetz

Thanks. I will live and the loratabs are kicking in... AHHHHHH! ;-)

Glad to hear you're feeling a little better. :) Just remember to take care of yourself. You're no good to anybody else if you're in too much pain.

Oh, it's my own fault. I should have never gone. But sometimes we have to sacrifice a little of ourselves for our friends. We had a wonderful time, and I'll be as right as rain in a couple of days...:paperbag:

Sorry Birdy!....

Let me know when I can ask the question...

Did Ye Get Healed ?

:banana:

PS. I know it's a 'left-handed' question...:roflmao:

Feelin' better yet?

I could make some new Bernard pictures or something...ummm?...no, he's back now....better play it cool.

GET WELL SOON!
:rock:

Well I was gonna ask you ...

If you wanna escape with me to
Aruba .. and we could be surrounded
by Cabana Boys ... But then that
wouldn't be too cool for people
would take us all the wrong way
in all different angles ... you know
what I mean ....

After all that purse whacking you
gave me earlier ... Scratch that
above paragraph - I've been dain
bramaged enough!

:D

Hope you feel better and lemme know
when you want to beat me up again!

;)

hugs.gif

Aruba huh?

May just take you up on that offer. I am so GD burned out! This past month was a whirlwind so the flare was very much expected. Sorry if I'm snipey. Ain't much fun to be around when it's like this. Limited range of motion can be a drag and makes getting anything done near impossible. The Rheumy says the range of motion for the left hip is about 60% but the right one is 30%. Stupid thing kept locking up on me at the Adventuredome. GRRRR!!!!

Right now my best friend is very small and round and white and a bit bitter. Although I'd prefer something red and wet and chilled .... :bigmouth:

Last edited:
SP .. Honestly now ...

WHO IS YOUR NEURO???

*laughs*

:clap: :pop: :clap:

That little boy was soooo cute! Now on top of it, you got me craving watermelon! As soon as I can lift my leg, I'm gonna kick your kester! :pfft:

Thanks RobiN

I'll have to check with my Rheumy about this. Because I am on chemo, I am not allowed to take any OTC or suppliments without his prior knowlege. Some of these things don't mix well.
:eek:

Hope you are feeling better these days BB!

About the same, Thanks Mr. B Just can't get this one under control. I might feel okay for a few hours then it's downhill.

This past November/December was the most hectic months.

I still haven't finished packing up my xmas junk.

Wednesday my girfriend calls and say she and her boyfriend of 10 years are getting married and wants us to be witnesses. Less than an hour later, they had gotten the license and had the ceremony and we are on a way to Olive Garden to celebrate! Never seen a civil service before.

My God, my life is
S T R A N G E

Back
Top Bottom