Please help me!!!!!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I had gotten very close to looking like I might become seizure free. Recently on the 8th -the 10th l have had a good amount of seizure activity. More than usual! On all three days I had a Grand Mal seizure. I can't remember the last year that I came close to having two or three Grand Mal seizures in two or three days in a row. Dealing with this is hard! I am both scared and frustrated!!! My only relief is knowing that I see my Neurologist on the 20th of this month!!! I know that he will do something about all these seizures!! Even knowing that I see him soon it doesn't lesson my frustration or my fear!! Please help!!!

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Avoid your triggers, Avoid stress, take it easy. Take your meds on time. Get some light exercise like a short walk everyday. Eat healthy food low in carbs.

Avoid your triggers, Avoid stress, take it easy. Take your meds on time. Get some light exercise like a short walk everyday. Eat healthy food low in carbs.
I have been doing all of this!!! That is one of the reasons this has come as such a shock!!

So sorry to hear about your seizure activity and being so close to being seizure free makes it really difficult. It feels defeating and it sounds like you take good care of yourself. Unfortunately seizures find different pathways in our brains and that causes more seizures. I went 7 years without Grand Mal seizures and then boom they started again and different ways, too. I had a video eeg with an epileptologist and he put me on an older medication Depakote and I was already taking Carbatrol so on the two plus I have a VNS implant. I wish you the best of luck. The Depakote and vns have made quite a difference. Are you open to having a video eeg? You've already had the seizures and what they do is lower your meds in the hospital while being monitored. It gave them the information they needed for me. Thanks and good luck Jeanne

So sorry to hear about your seizure activity and being so close to being seizure free makes it really difficult. It feels defeating and it sounds like you take good care of yourself. Unfortunately seizures find different pathways in our brains and that causes more seizures. I went 7 years without Grand Mal seizures and then boom they started again and different ways, too. I had a video eeg with an epileptologist and he put me on an older medication Depakote and I was already taking Carbatrol so on the two plus I have a VNS implant. I wish you the best of luck. The Depakote and vns have made quite a difference. Are you open to having a video eeg? You've already had the seizures and what they do is lower your meds in the hospital while being monitored. It gave them the information they needed for me. Thanks and good luck Jeanne
Yes I am willing, and I do understand the process of the video EEG, I have had Epilepsy/seizures for 18 going on 19 years now.

So you see your neurologist in a few days does he/she generally offer good advice? Have you tried many medications? I’ve also had epilepsy for 40 something years. It sounds like you know a lot about it too. Hang in there I know changes like this are frightening. Jeanne

So you see your neurologist in a few days does he/she generally offer good advice? Have you tried many medications? I’ve also had epilepsy for 40 something years. It sounds like you know a lot about it too. Hang in there I know changes like this are frightening. Jeanne
Yes, I see him Tuesday! I'm glad I'm seeing him soon, cause what happened just those 3 days was like being a kid again when my seizures were everywhere,no rhyme, no pattern, no reason! I have gone over so many of my triggers and each trigger was a no, so I have zero ideas of what triggered all 7 seizures!!! When I last saw my Neurologist he said that 3 of my meds could be increased if necessary. I have 5 meds that I take for my seizures out of the 5, 3 can be increased. I simply want answers and if I have to do a video EEG to get those than so be it!!!

Hi Artsiegurl,

Do you recall what the weather was like on the days you've had the seizures? Often a low pressure will trigger seizures for some people because the air becomes heavy and in turn that effects the hormones which can trigger seizures for some people. I often have a seizure 2-3 days before bad weather. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

Back
Top Bottom