Please Read... Tablets and Thinking/Memory Loss?

Does your tablets cause mind problems?

• Yes

Votes: 25 69.4%
  • No

Votes: 11 30.6%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

stilldancing 98

Today I went to my lunchtime circuit training during lunchtime. When I was done I took my Fitbit off for my shower. I got dressed and went back to work and realized I left my Fitbit in my locker at the gym. Back to the gym I go. I get back to work and go to lock up my fitbit as I am not allowed to wear it due to electronics rules and I find that I left my key to my electronics lock up still in the lock. $200.00 tablet and a $100.00 heart rate monitor sitting there unlocked free for the taking. I've done that at least two other times. The other times I had probably closer to $400.00 worth of electronics.

Luckily they were still there when I went back to retrieve them.

I am supposedly switching to depakote or vimpat or lyrica (anyone heard of this one? ). All this because my lamotrigine and KEPPRA cause reduction in immune functions and rage problems. Rage that scares people. But depakote means 'blood work' to check liver. Are the poison side effects all worth I it? Please let me know.

On the advice of my wife I'm going to get a simple pill case for am and pm. I take one pill in the morning and two in the evening. There are days I absolutely can't remember if I took them. Do I take it or not take it? If I don't take and didn't to start with then it's a missed dose. If I do take because I doubt the fact I took it then I'm doubling up the dose. What's worse, missing a dose or doubling up on a dose? I don't want to do either really.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

The husband gives them to me now.More times can I remember I taken it 3or 4 times instead of once.what I try to do is phone my house leave message things forgotten and ole man do it

This morning before heading of to church I went to make oatmeal. The container we put it in was empty so I needed more out of the pantry. I turn open the fridge, stare at the inside of the fridge and after a few minutes of staring ask myself "what am I here for?" I look around see an empty cereal bowl and remember it's oatmeal.

I enjoy doing fill-in word puzzles & word search puzzles to exercise my mind. Fill-ins are like crosswords in reverse--they give you the answers, and you have to figure out where they fit in. I also like to do jigsaw puzzles.

I downloaded an android app called Neuronation that has a lot of exercises similar to my neuropsychological assessment.

My nurse I see stop me falling down it called falling down clinic suggest this thing I forgot name of.all your pills for month are put in sealed cardboard box each pill is popped out it got days and times unfortunatly no remember what it called.you have give chemist decent notice you wan that.It done for people in residential homes as well it also stops anyone doing naughty things with pills,we found someone been Nicking my cloberzam

I recently had to switch from Vimpat to Zonisamide (300mg/day) due to our insurance. It also affects memory, I believe.

I was diagnosed with Epilepsy in February after having multiple seizures in January. The first thing I noticed was memory issues. I was an ESL teacher part time so this is a huge blow to me. I have lost so much of my Spanish over the past few months. It's a real struggle.

Short-term memory loss is a side effect of many epilepsy medications. Another problem (which Topamax is famous for) is "word loss"--when you know what you want to say, but can't. I often find that I can literally see what I want to say in my mind, but my brain & mouth can't connect.

I have the exact same issue. I find myself forgetting things. But really it's that I can't say the words..

I don't have a tablet, but I noticed that not having the lights and movements in my face has helped. I don't watch much TV unless I really want to watch something special. I also deleted Facebook because it's addictive. It has helped some. I have to try everything to make the problems go away.

Back
Top Bottom