Positive experience with neurofeedback

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Hi, Im Christine... im so thankful to find this website. My husbad got seizure myclonic for almost 15 years i think. I'm married with him for 6 years. I feel hurt everytime he got seizure.

My husband take epilim and lamictal for his seizure medicine.

Day by day his seizure getting more and more. I keep looking untill one day i found this website and talk about neurofeedback. So i try to find more about NF. since i live in Indonesia. The closest for us find NF is in Singapore. I do research which one is more expert. And we choose this Doctor, cause he got his certificate from USA. been train with lots NF and he also a nutritionist.

when we come, my husband do some QUEEG, and they can see which is his weakness parts.

his brain kinda complicated, The reason why his seizure alot. its because his brain all fires up. When his weakness parts fires up, will connect to other parts. And after that if its too long, it will be crash. And thats when he got his seizure.

we do the home training (i myself go to 5 days seminars for home training, everytime we train - we will send the files to them, and they will reply us as soon as possible.

They ask me to train F7&F8 everytime he got jerks... follow with T3&T4 (to calm his head and prevent fires up) & O1-O2 (its his main problem)

For 4 month My husband dont get any seizure. We really thankfull to God, and this forums ALOT. I wont be know this NF because of you :)

Since my husband got lots of jerks everyday (no seizure), we update them about this. and they change the training with O1-F3 Beta, then T3&T4, F7&F8.

and again, his jerks getting less again... no jerks everyday. But sometimes when ever he got decision making or maybe too stress - jerks will always there. Telling him to stop.

So i believe with NEUROFEEDBACK. Before my husband condition every month will always got seizure (sometimes more than that). But after we try neurofeedback. Since december till now, he got no seizure.

What i want to share is, epilepsy is maybe cause of damage... our brain's been mess like that since long time. And then suddenly with this NF, try to fix our brainwave. Its not easy, and cannot that fast. We need to learn it everyday, so our brain will get use to it. Thats what i believe.

neurologist will not help, they just can give you medicine. But they dont know what to do or how its happend. And im so dissapointed when my husband neurologist told him that NF is no use. But the FACT we got benefits from NF. He can't predict which one is my husband weakness parts.

i hope that lots of ppl will got this benefit like my husband. I know how its really pain, and desperate live with seizure. I will keep update my husband conditions again later. Wish all the best :)

Hi Christine, welcome to the forum. :hello:

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I'm so glad that more and more people who have learned about neurofeedback here have realized positive experiences with it themselves. :mrt:

Thank you for posting -- it's great to hear that neurofeedback has made a difference for you and your husband!

Best,
Nakamova

Welcome and THANK YOU, Christine!:clap:

What an amazing story! We are so happy NF has been such a benefit to your husband. We hope for more success in the future, and will be looking forward to your updates.

Wow, it is

wonderful to hear of such a positive experience with NF! Kudos to both you and your husband for being so determined to keep on doing the NF--and it has proven to be exactly what has been needed to control his seizures.

That's soooo awesome! :clap::clap::clap::clap:

I am so glad that it was helpful Christine.
I believe it was part of my daughters healing too.
Make sure his nutrition is good too. That will help heal the brain as well, and he might find that he is less stressed.
Wonderful news!

Back
Top Bottom