Possible diet changes?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I've been doing some research into methods that work alongside AEDs that can reduce the number of seizures and severity. I've heard of a high fat,low carb diet but it has only been studied on children so far. I was just wondering if anyone had come across something similar or any other ideas that could help my husband?Im going to suggest speaking to his doctor before we try anything but would love any input.

Many thanks,
Lornatjepson

Dietary approaches have a lot of promise, and are slowly making their way to mainstream acceptance. There is some info you might be interested in here:
http://site.matthewsfriends.org/uploads/pdf/AdultDietaryTherapy.pdf

Neurofeedback is another approach that might help, but again, it's still in need of mainstream acceptance and insurance. I'm not sure what the options are in the U.K. for it.

My daughter on MAD almost 2 years. SHe is seizure free from it. It worked great for me. We think everyone should try it. Jena is down to 500 keppa. She is 18 115 lbs 5ft 4.
I wish you all well*
joan*

Back
Top Bottom