Post surgery weird feeling

Itr786

Stalwart
Reaction score
Hi everyone.
It's been almost 5 years since by surgery. Things have gone well, not had a seizure since, and now completely off keppra (still on lamotrigine).

Recently I've been getting a weird feeling, I'd suddenly get a deep sinking feeling, a sudden shock, and fear sets in.
It's the initial feeling I used to get before I had my seizures, but now i just go back to normal life after 10 seconds of this weird feeling.

What do you think is the reason for these?

Nakamova

Super Moderator / Thank You Queen
Reaction score
It's hard to know since everyone's different. Do you write down when the weird feelings happen? Maybe there's a pattern/trigger.
They do sound like partial seizures, so it could be a sign that your medicine needs adjusting.

Matthew74

Stalwart
Reaction score
If it is the feeling you got before you had seizures it's an aura, and a seizure. Auras are seizures. You need to see your doctor about it ASAP. Don't let them get out of control. They may not show on EEG. Your doctor may not believe you, but you have to be persistent. If they are simple partials you could have a complex partial or generalized seizure at any time. I would consider this a medical emergency. I don't mean to be dramatic, but if they are seizures, they can cause big problems if they get out of control.