Post surgical left temporal lobe removal

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

suebear

Veteran
Reaction score
As of today it has been 24 years and I am doing quite well since the day of the left TLR took place. I am quite happy that we went through the surgery thinking back on what took place. At the time I was very hesitant but now that it is over and looking at everything I have been through it was worth going through that first step to get me to where I am today.

What is being discovered more and more over the past few months that is quite exciting are moments of memories like it was yesterday. Just today I was able to think back on a time while working and literally visualize the entire building from floor to ceiling like I was walking through to work my executive shift. It was the most oddest thing yet it brought a smile to my face as I knew exactly the location and what was going on.

I have gotten used to seeing these bursts of visuals that have been appearing on a daily or every other day basis over the past few months more often. This shows my brain is healing quite well and doing exactly what it needs to do for improvement. Have already spoken to medical professionals on this issue all is healed externally, internal healing is doing is just fine, I have nothing to be concerned about. =) :woot:

While I have often complained of my verbal memory since the left temporal lobectomy, I have noticed great improvement in all other functions, especially visual memory. Thank you for sharing.

While I have often complained of my verbal memory since the left temporal lobectomy, I have noticed great improvement in all other functions, especially visual memory. Thank you for sharing.

Happy to share information on the issue Lisa, this is a tough situation for anyone that has endure this type of surgical procedure. I wish you well in recovery. =)
-Sue

Back
Top Bottom